Destruction of Oz Festival part II

Sydo

Apr 13, 2001
After suggesting a few bands on the website guestboard, I recieved the following email.

Hi Sydo,

Thanks for signing the guest book for the DOO Festival. It seems that you are reading my mind in regards to bands you have requested.

I would love to have Maiden play next year. My partner said that we should wait for the following year and have a different headliner instead of taking such a large step. I personally think we need a big band like Maiden to really pull in the crowd for what I want to do next year. Will probably give it a try anyway. If not, then another band we have been thinking about is Motorhead. In fact, our production manager is such a big fan. Either way, I am sure at some point both bands will be headliners.

Blaze, I think will be hear next year for sure. We had the offer of both Doro and Blaze this year as both were really keen. We could not choose so let their booking agency do so. Doro won out which means, I think, we promised Blaze for next year. Helloween would be good, even though I would have loved for them to play in their old line up, but not completely out of the question.
Iced Earth could be awhile for the obvious reasons but still on my agenda. And While Nevermore have already played here before I am sure we will rope them in to play again some time.
WASP is also a big possibility. My partner has suggested them or Dio as next years headliner. If I have it my way - and I am the main promoter - I would like to have the festival over two days so maybe have WASP headline the first night and Maiden or Motorhead the second night etc. Of course, all just up in the air at the moment, but like I said, seems you have been reading our mind and we will do our best to get most of those bands you mentioned to Australia.

Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming.

Mark
www.destructionofozfestival.com

So if there were ever a good reason to hope (pray) that this years festival is a success - just read the above! There's some big name bands there, and a much better selection than this years too! :headbang:

Let me get this straight.
Ok, look, Doro is hot and sure, im all for watching her run around the stage in leather too, but...

They could have brought out BLAZE...

BLAZE!

I would have been there in a heartbeat!

:cry:

Oh well, im there next year then :) I wish they would bring Nevermore and IE too obviously :)

Sounds pretty good for next year! I might have to go to this year's one, even if I don't listen to any of the bands, to en sure that it happens in 2004.

Why the feck didn't they choose Blaze instead of Doro? I'd have bought my tickets already if Blaze were coming instead of her.

It seems pretty complicated.

$90 seems a lot for a ticket, but mention BLAZE and half this board would be there in an instant! Yet who the fuck are BLAZE really? People in the UK pay $10 to see 'em, and still don't sell out the venue! You've also got to remember there's a large group of wanker 'Maiden fans' who would refuse to see BLAZE on principal.

I'd say that both Crytoposy and Marduk have as big a fan base in Aust than BLAZE, so I guess those fans wouldn't blink at paying the 90odd bucks it cost to see them.