Metal For The Brain is going ahead!

Shadow298

UNLEASH THE GUAN
Sep 4, 2002
Without the Darkness
Visit site
For all those who may not have already heard, Metal For The Brain is offically going ahead, with all that insurance bullshit going ahead.
The date is Saturday the 20th of December at the University of Canberra. Now word on what bands are playing but confirmed acts so far are Destroyer 666 (returning for this and another national tour), Blood Duster, Earth & Astriaal. Also no word on ticket costs but I's would really pay anything to support Alex Hurley and his Family, the National Brain Injury Foundation (who have done a lot to help my's younger brother who has brain damage) and the Australian Metal Scene.
For more details, check the offical M4TB website in the coming days. www.metalforthebrain.com
This is great fucking news for Australian Metal!
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

isn't M4TB all ages anyway?

here is my view of last years lineup:

DESTRUCTION -- eh, nothing special
BLOOD DUSTER -- cool but they play all the fucking time
DUNGEON -- cool
EARTH -- cool
FRANKENBOK -- eh
COG -- eh
JERK -- eh
POD PEOPLE -- not bad
ASTRIAAL -- over-rated
DEVOLVED -- see above
PSYCHRIST -- not bad
ALARUM -- cool
CHALICE -- cool
SAKKUTH - ok
DAYSEND - ok
PSYCROPTIC -- cool
MALADICTION -- who the fuck likes this band?
ABORTUS - cool
KIN - ok
ENTER TWILIGHT - cool
CLAUZ - cool

BLACKSTEEL - cool
SUNS OWL - who gives a fuck
CONTRIVE - cool
FUCK I'M DEAD - ok
ONI - ok
POST LIFE DISORDER - ok
INFERNAL METHOD - cool
TOURETTES - eh
HEADMESS - eh
HOLLOW - eh
L.O.G - eh
OMNIUM GATHERUM - not bad

darkdreams said:
isn't M4TB all ages anyway?

Yes it is. But it's usually on in the middle of exams. This year it isn't, so there's no excuse not to turn up. Even if you don't like half the bands, you can sit out in the car park and drink warm beer until you're sick, so it's not a complete waste of time is it? :)

Goreripper said:
Yes it is. But it's usually on in the middle of exams. This year it isn't, so there's no excuse not to turn up. Even if you don't like half the bands, you can sit out in the car park and drink warm beer until you're sick, so it's not a complete waste of time is it? :)

Ah, yes! The joys of M4TB.
Setting out in a carpark away from the security boys, getting shitfaced on your own, lukewarm stash and pretty much missing out on a ton of bands.
Sample of a real conversation I's once had with a random Metalhead a few days after the last Metal For The Brain:
Metalhead: "M4TB rocked this year!"
I: "Yeah. What bands did you like best?"
Metalhead: Ah. . . They're all good! But M4TB! Fuck that was good!"
I: "Well, how many bands did you end up seeing?
Metalhead: "A couple. . . I think."
I: "You think?"
Metalhead: "Yeah. . . Well, I was drinking since before we got there, so I must have seen some bands. Look! I've even got a big bruise here! So I must have got into the pit, mustn't I?"
I: "Yes. Either that or you fell over and were kicked by one of your friends out in the carpark to see if you were still alive."
Ah, the joys of drunken heavy metal fans! :headbang:
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack