Metal For The Brain -who's playing & who's going

Shadow298

UNLEASH THE GUAN
Sep 4, 2002
Without the Darkness
Visit site
As most of you may have heard by now, this year will be the last Metal For The Brain.

It's been a good run of 15 years but like all good things, it must come to an end.

For the standard details: you can go to www.metalforthebrain.com.

The line up is interesting this year, a lot of bands that I've never heard of, but the bands I would recommend seeing are:

Shigella (and not only because I used to help manage them ages ago) -technical death metal. Very brutal.

Alarum -possibly the most skilled and technical band in Australia if not the World. I've had the honour of performing with two members on stage and they are flawless.

Vanishing Point -excellent prog/power band from Melbourne. Silvio is an amazing vocalist and they put on a great set everytime.

Ebolie -the grindest of grind and the dirtiest bastards you'll ever meet. Great stage show when Bubsi gets going on the mic.

Inane Eminence -these boys have worked hard to get to the top and play and solid and brutal set,

Anyway, as for who's going:

I'm in two minds about it myself.

Got a lot going on in life and there are also a lot of finicial factors to consider, as well as personal ones.
But I'll probably be there, because my mates will drag me along and in turn I'll drag other along as well.

Hope to see some of you there.

Catch ya
Shadow

Looks like a pretty good line up, I would be there, only im in the wrong state :erk:

Easy, lads.

I'm going to try to go. It should be awesome, I hate to miss Nevermore but I've been putting off doing the MFTB roadtrip for too long, and I can't put it off any longer...

DeadShkinMask said:
Easy, lads.

I'm going to try to go. It should be awesome, I hate to miss Nevermore but I've been putting off doing the MFTB roadtrip for too long, and I can't put it off any longer...

Hope you can make it down, mate, be good to finally catch up with you.

FerretallicA said:
What, no plug for LORD? I'm shocked!

Why plug a band, as Dugeon, has been consistently popular for the past 5 or so Metal For The Brains (and replacement shows) and will no doubt have it's own crowd and fans along no matter what.

I'd rather plug bands that are good but haven't receive a terrible ammount of notice at previous M4TBs or are playing for the first time.

Also would like to plug the band, Clagg, because they rock too!:headbang:

Also: can anyone tell us about any of the other first time bands playing?

DeadShkinMask said:
I've been putting off doing the MFTB roadtrip for too long, and I can't put it off any longer...

Exactly my reasoning. Normally something like Nevermore would easily win with me... but the whole "last one EVER" thing carries a bit of weight as well. I'd be so ashamed if my grandnephews and grandneices asked me what Metal For The Brain was like back in the good old days and I wasn't able to tell them :(

FerretallicA said:
Exactly my reasoning. Normally something like Nevermore would easily win with me... but the whole "last one EVER" thing carries a bit of weight as well. I'd be so ashamed if my grandnephews and grandneices asked me what Metal For The Brain was like back in the good old days and I wasn't able to tell them :(

I think that's a major reason why M4TB this year will be such a draw card to the punters -the tag of "Last Ever".
But i still feel as though the Post Mortem Record Boys got the rough end of the stick because they put all this effort into booking a big show and getting a major internatinal act to headline and having the Brain boys dump the show right on top of them.
Hopeully it'll work out for everyone for the best.

Well it looks like I'm going unless I get rich enough for a Nevermore road trip between now and then. It will be good to catch the last one, even though I was kind of put off by a friend of mine being assaulted (to put is nicely) at last years show.

Hopefully the crowd will be less full of dickheads. Not that it really bothers me, anyone who knows me knows I can hold my own... so if you see a tall, hot chick you had better be fucking polite ;).

FerretallicA said:

You are too much like me, you scare me, stop stalking me and reading my garbage

Only a week to go until M4TB! :headbang:

If you guys are after any merch on the day, I recommend seeking out both Pure Metal Wear (run by Xena and Brian/Goreripper) for some great shirts and other clothing and Raven's stand, run by Lucifer & Erin, if you're after jewlery, patches (especially rare underground band patches such as Gospel of The Horns & Destroyer 666) and CDs.

There is also the Pre-show and after party, both at the Basement n Belconnen.
I'll attempt to get to the pre-show but have a lot of stuff to take care of Friday, so there's no guarantee of my appearance.

Anyway, hope to see some of you the Brain this year.

Catch ya
Shadow

Shigella said:
Its the Eve of M4TB!
i guess ill be seeing most of you there!

Is this Bazza/Barry?

'Cause it's Ewan here.

You guys got a good spot on bill.

Right before Lord, so you should get a bunch of rail hogs (people who turn up early in order to get a good position at the barrier) watching.

should be a great show tomorrow!:headbang:

M4TB was absolutely great!

Only got to see half the bands that I wanted to because of so many people that I knew being there and wanting to catch up.

Nice to finally meet Deadskhinmask, Watto and Ferretallica. Good to catch up with Ralphe, Bucko and Pyro as well as many others from off UM here.

Having the chance to speak with Joel Green (orignal Armoured Angel vocalist and drummer) again afte so many years.

Top bands for the day:
Mytile Vey Lorth
Shigella (best crowd reaction I think).
Pod People
Vanishing Point (despite the bad vocal mix)

Only got to see drips and drabs of the other bands but Alarum, Infernal Method and Ebolie really made me pick my ears up when they were playing.

All in all, top day.

We really need something else to happen again if metal is to survive.
I in community if nothign else.

Catch ya
Shadow