Cavalera Conspiracy: Who's going?

wildfyr

unus spiritus est
Oct 10, 2001
real-time
eyesoffyr.com
It's next Wednesday at The Vic, although I heard a rumor that it might be moved to Metro. According to Ticketmaster it's still at The Vic.

So who's going? It's not going to be short list like the Trouble roll calls, is it? :p I can't remember who else here likes 'em.

I'm going as far as I know right now. It should be a worthy show, imo. I hope they do a nice long set. :D

From Ticketbastard:

*This event has been moved from The Vic Theatre to Metro. Tickets purchased for the original venue will be honored at the new venue, or refunds are available at point of purchase. Go to metrochicago.com for ticket details.*
WITH DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN/THROWDOWN/BURY YOUR DEAD/INCITE - DOORS OPEN AT 4:30 PM

I'm still devating on going, if they had different openers I would go for sure but I think I'm gonna have to wait to see the next time they come around, then again I might just go to this one. Ya never know. :loco:

:zombie: Gaaah. That's not what is indicated on the general search results page. Evidently I didn't click through... Haven't checked it again yet either but I'll take your word for it, since it was already rumored.

Ok, Metro it is then!

Nah...no interest.

Now if they got back with Sepultura...:kickass:

I think that's the obvious next step. I'd still like to see this being that once they actually do return to Sepultura they wont play those CC tunes again. Kinda like seeing Ripper with Priest. I hiighly doubt Halford will ever do a song like "Blood stained".

I'd love to see them, but I can't do weeknight shows anymore since it's a hassle for me.

I'm sure they'll tear it up nicely though - that CC album is awesome.

:Smug::rolleyes:
Any bands that have reunited have always denied it at some point before the reunion. They always say that.

So true!! Look at The Haunted guys....oh no, there won't ever be an At The Gates reunion. :p :lol:

Shit, didn't even the Cavalera bros say at one point that they'd "never" work together again? :lol:

Money talks & when that shitty Soulfly train stops running, I'm sure Max will change his mind for sure. ;)

Ugh. Reading that thread just solidified my resolve to stay away from those forums. The vulgar displays of puerility there haven't changed at all. In fact, they're even worse than before. :ill:

So CC are allegedly doing hour-long sets with medleys then? If true, the short set time doesn't surprise me, but the medleys do. And if the setlist that was posted is accurate (or nearly accurate), I'm bummed they're not doing more off Inflikted. I'm fairly certain I read that they were going to play like 99% of that + Sepultura, Soulfly, et al, covers. Perhaps that was meant for the European festival shows. ??

Oh well. We'll know more after Wednesday. If it's truly is a short and compact set by CC, then I hope they are able to come back with less opening bands and do it up right.

Oh, and fuck the naysayers. FUCK THEM AAAAALLLLLLL

haha

Not quite 90 minutes but close enough under the circumstances. I'm just really glad I had a chance to see them do any of their stuff live. I have my favorite songs and albums from Sepultura and the various spinoff projects borne from that, so it's good to make an effort to go out and see it/support it when it becomes available. I guess if it not one's cup of tea...

Whatever. I thoroughly enjoyed the Cav Con experience and so did a few other people at the Metro last night. :)

Refuse/Resist and Bloodbrawl were especially awesome and I'm pretty sure they managed to get The Doom Of All Fires in there. :D We got Biotech is Godzilla, etc, they closed with Roots Blood Roots.

Yeah

:kickass:

Oops. ^^ *Bloody

There was a turnout but I'm guessing it could've been better. :p

Seriously though, I'm not very good at those kind of estimates. A couple hundred, maybe more? Idk.

Nevertheless, they still tore it up... :kickass: