Amman Gig In Jordan Cancelled!!!

Hey Mike... There's not much else I can say that hasn't been said already, just that I wish you and your family the best of luck. I don't know what else to say, apart from I'm sorry. As for Martin, I hope he recovers fully and quickly, and you guys need a fucking long break!

Oh man...im sorry! thats always hard...You guys take care of yourselves and try to have a good holiday season! Best of luck to Martin and the Åkerfeldt family..

Thanks for the heads up on the current situation Mikael, I'm sure many of us here certainly appreciate the gesture. I'll reserve some of my more hypocritical comments (which aren't aimed at you by the way) for a later date, as now is not the time to start a shit storm.

I'm not going to suggest as it were that you 'take a break', but that simply I hope you realise that there's a time to just drop everything and take care of what matters most in your life/s, if your management is amenable it would be a good time to let them exclusively handle the rescheduling responsibilities, don't concern yourself with them at the moment. We all know you sincerely intend to make your way back to these respective venues, and I'm sure we're all willing to wait as long as it takes, secure in that knowledge.

As people have pretty much covered the rest of what I intend to say, I'll simply extend my sincerest condolences to the Åkerfeldt and Lopez families. :(

Reactions: Lina
Well, you guys have been working too hard recently. 150 gigs is a damn lot, Henry Rollins would be impressed with that. You guys need to take it easier in the new year and pace it slower. :)

Hope Lopez gets back to his old self, jumping off his drum stule and saluting the crowd at the end of every song :) He was on fire at Shepards Bush, that was one hell of a performance by anyones standards... and if he performs like that every night then... well, you can see where i'm going with this.

Sorry to hear about Granpa Akerfeldt :( loosing anyone is always a shock, all my grandparents died a few years back so I can identify with your losses in that way. Hope his passing was serene and painless, perhaps theres a kinder world that he's gone to now.

Hope everything sorts itself out nicely, take it slowly and take more breaks! :)

Sam

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what does a 'severe panic attack' involve?

And that sucks about your gramps Mike. But we all gotta die sometime.

SFall said:
Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what does a 'severe panic attack' involve?
Ignoring the fact that it differs for everyone, here are some usual factors: rapid heart rate and respiration rate, cold sweat, feelings of paranoia, feeling like the world is closing in, feeling like you're going to die, etc.

I've suffered more than one myself. It's very very scary...

My sincere condolences to your family Mikael and like someone said here, there's a time in everyone's life to drop everything, at least for a while, although I know that when shit happens is when we need to create the most..(if it makes any sense) and vent our anger with what we know the best, music in your case, but everything has its limits I guess. Many, many thanks for
yor kind gestures to all of us and THANKS for Opeth, just listening to you guys makes life worth living.

Martin, in Spanish for you man if you read it or whatever........

Vamos hermano!!!!!!!!!! Miles de fans estan con vos, en todos los idiomas y formas que podemos, a traves de este medio u otros, de Argentina toda la fuerza y aguante!!!!!!! Tomate tu tiempo, no creo que es necesario que lo enuncie, cuando la salud esta en juego el cuerpo manda asi que ponete bien y descansaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toda mi admiracion y respeto. Un gran abrazo.

You'll be in my thoughts. yeah. you guys need to take a few weeks off. Go back home to Sweden...not even play music for a few weeks just get some rest and relaxation.

Mikael, I send you my deepest condolences for the loss of your granfather. My father is also at the end of his fight against cancer so I'm going at the moment through very difficult times, too, and I can understand what it can feel like...

I hope Martin recovers soon. Like people said, you need a break!

Yesterday I came back from work late at night with a certain dvd... I felt like a child on Christmas day!

Profoundest admiration!

When it rains, it pours....

I hope that Martin is able to recover from his shock, as well as your family from the loss.

As always I'll be hanging around Australia, waiting to see you when you get back on your feet.

Regards,
Ermin