Jordan gig cancelled? News from the road....

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Below is a post from Bravewords website:

Swedish thought rockers Opeth have five more dates on their North American tour (with DEVILDRIVER and MOONSPELL), having sold out in Toronto, and more significantly, the Fillmore in San Francisco, highlight being Mikael's obtainment of a Fillmore poster.

When asked about rocker folks he met on tour, Mikael said that "Doug Aldrich came to one of the shows, and you know me and WHITESNAKE (laughs). He liked it! He went out and bought three albums. JAMES MURPHY came to the bus, knocked on the door, and he wanted photos and autographs, which was cool. David Vincent (ex-MORBID ANGEL) was at the show in Florida. I saw him, but I didn't dare go up to him (laughs). I'm not sure if he saw our show. He was there for Moonspell, I guess."

The recently married Akerfeldt also said that "we're going to Australia, for a honeymoon. But we have a tour there first. Jordan is now canceled. I'm not sure how official it is. We heard today, we sold two and half thousand tickets for the show and the promoter pulled the gig. That's a shame. I don't think we'll get the opportunity to go there again. Chile was canceled, also due to the promoter. We even missed the first three gigs on this tour, the first one because of connecting flights, in Edmonton."

With respect to a next album, thoughts are still hazy. "It's that bad (laughs); I haven't had time. I'm working on one song. It's turning out to be a cross between really heavy and soft. I've done like five minutes on it. We were talking yesterday about maybe bringing in pedal steel, distort a pedal steel. But I can't play it; it's tough." Will Porcupine Tree's Steven Wilson be involved again? "I think so," says Mikael. "I asked him and he said yes, unless he's changed his mind. But we've got to start thinking about a record. The label will start pressuring us. We're going to rehearse. Everybody is going to be aware of what we're doing. I don't know exactly how prepared we'll be, but we'll be more prepared than before."