The Latest News from Opeth.com

Yeah this is awesome news, it's gonna be a killer summer :D
I think the new album is gonna be one of their best to date, first because they have a lot of rehearsal time and secondly they are producing it mainly themselves (i think). let's hope for the best.

JoeVice said:
oh yah, i'm so excited that i threw my puppy at the wall really hard!!!
:D :D

i had a dream last night where my neighbor broke into my house to kill me and my wife. i couldnt get to my gun because the wife made me lock it up in the closet. but there just happened to be some big knives lying around so i stabbed him to death. i wanted to tell you guys that. thanks.

The Usurper said:
Some thoughts that have occured me...

Is Per rehearsing and recording with the band?
And they better not come to Graspop, cause I'll be in the middle of my exams! Nah, just kidding, I'd be fucking pissed off, though...
Same here, but I'm pretty sure they'll come. :erk: (welke unif?)

Well, can't wait to hear the new Opeth, and it wil be interesting too see wich label picks them up. Towards the end of the news section on opeth's ste it said that opeth are going to do a summer TOUR!!! YEEH \m/..
Opeth play in Poughkeepsie, Ny @ The chane theatre. Let's get petition together for Opeth to play in Poughkkepsie, NY. LOL.
Anyway, I WILL look forward to the new Opeth release, and tour.

deathbearer said:
Well, can't wait to hear the new Opeth, and it wil be interesting too see wich label picks them up. Towards the end of the news section on opeth's ste it said that opeth are going to do a summer TOUR!!! YEEH \m/..
Opeth play in Poughkeepsie, Ny @ The chane theatre. Let's get petition together for Opeth to play in Poughkkepsie, NY. LOL.
Anyway, I WILL look forward to the new Opeth release, and tour.

the chance sucks, but it would be neat to see them in a venue that tiny

Strider said:
my first post on this board, so...

Hi all!

concerning the news:
1) i'm pretty glad Wilson won't be producing the thing. i love him and his work, but i think the two bands are getting a little too influenced by each other, in doing so losing a bit of their personality. i'm not sure either if i like the idea of a "borderline black metal"... i only hope that rehearsing will let Peter write something. i think he can come up with some great riff.
2) a new label... i surely hope it won't be Nuclear Shitty Blast... i bet a good choice it would be Elitist, cause i think Lee deserves it :) but opeth's status today is too high for such a small label. i bet we'll see them on Century Media...

you've been here for four years and you've never posted on this forum? where have you been?