Opeth News

JayKeeley said:
Was it anyone with any authority on the subject? I mean, if I said that the next release will be electronica-Tolkien based, will my information be just as worthy? :tickled:

Come on, let's be realistic here... This is a internet message board, who really has any authority? And the Opeth board is extreme when it comes to number of fanboys per poster. The level of braindead-ness displayed on that forum by the fanboys was just too much for me, and I had to search for more intellectual and open-minded forums. That's actually how I ended up here... :dopey:

I still can't believe the Opeth forum conquered Half_Ton_Man. I mean, that fucker should've swallowed all of UM! :tickled:

In the last little tiff with the Opeth forum (we at RC have had several, with them and others :dopey: ), the fake account Half_Ton_Man was used and deleted, although didn't do anything wrong. The profile was based on some 800 lb. dude in the news in recent history, for hilarious results in a variety of situations. What I figured was that some Opeth fanboy got pissed at his signature, and reported it. DAMMIT, the search feature isn't working right now, I can't find it.

It was a picture of a giant OPETH logo, with a big donut for the O. :tickled:

Someone reported him for making fun of the Opeth logo? That's ...... pathetic...

It wasn't this, was it?

opeth1.jpg

Haha!!! I love that thing.

I'm not sure if someone reported it because of that, but that was my guess. Myself, lizard, Erik, and maybe a few others posted in the same thread and we didn't get in trouble, but HTM was banned. That forum has some really weird nazi rules, especially considering its history. This forum is just barely approaching the free-for-all nature of the Opeth/SOT forum in years past.

My worst Opeth forum experience was when a certain 9feetunderground claimed to have heard 95% of all underground metal. I didn't even bother replying... Heh...

He's really pretencious... Hehe... I thought about mentioning that there are about 30000 metal bands that has actually released something, but he would probably just make some vague quasi-intellectual reply about taking things too literally. Still, it's extremely annoying when some guy labels himself as a metal-oracle of some sort, and then labels Opeth, of all bands, as something above and beyond everything else ever released under the metal umbrella, and then completely disowns any arguement one tries to make. Arrogant.

I take responsibility only for my own fake accounts, not those of others. :Spin:

EDIT: I mean, what's a fake account?

As a free-for-all, this forum might be ok, but I fear degrading as low as they did. We're (mostly) intellectuals.

Until we have 40+ members in the forum every hour of every day, I don't think it would.

RC has what, maybe 30 regulars? That's a lot, but as long as we keep farting in a brilliant way, things will forever be coming up Milhouse.

Chromatose said:
yeah akerfeldt was hyping that black metal/uberheavy thing back on the damnation tour. I thought it was just appease all the angry drunks who got tricked into a nonmetal concert and were very angry about that.

Haha. I was there for that. 9:30 club show with Porcupine Tree right? I remember they did like 5 seconds of a blast beat just because that one group of guys wouldnt stop yelling "Play some fucking Death Metal!!"

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Haha. I was there for that. 9:30 club show with Porcupine Tree right? I remember they did like 5 seconds of a blast beat just because that one group of guys wouldnt stop yelling "Play some fucking Death Metal!!"

LOL!! yup that was it :lol:

...... you sure you aren't that bald robot girl that always wears the leather outfits?? :err: hahahahha

i just went through ALL the pictures online from ALL the clubs in the ENTIRE area....but i didn't find one of her/you. :mad: DAMN YOU BALD DUCT TAPED ROBOT GIRL