Meeting Opeth at gigs???

svish said:
hehe, i Can understand you...i felt the same way last april when I missed the Pain of Salvation aftershow.

i was there too!i was tired and sick(a bit)so i went away...the thing i regret the most is that while i was going to the car joahn hallgren was walking behind me.i was truly too "dead" to spend a few minutes with him.

3rd eye said:
i was there too!i was tired and sick(a bit)so i went away...the thing i regret the most is that while i was going to the car joahn hallgren was walking behind me.i was truly too "dead" to spend a few minutes with him.
I was really tired too after that show. I realized that i was more tired after PoS that after Opeth, hehe....strange.

The Bringer said:
Just wait outside the tour bus. They'll probably be drunk and it won't matter because they won't remember you the next day anyways.

God, as true as that is it still hurts. Makes me almost not want to meet them. Ever. I've always envisioned meeting Mikael and the gang and all of them just being blown away by my personality and humble respect for the band and their music. We'd share a moment maybe even a couple of laughs, part ways and they'd always remember me. When they'd tour my city again one of the Martins would jokingly (but secretly wishfully) wonder if I'd be "at the show tonight". They'd all get a real warm feeling in there belly (that's where the metal comes from, RAWR) and they'd be genuinely excited to play that night hoping that their favorite fan would be there. Sigh...

Moonlapse said:
The man has presence. After all he is a living god :p.

@HaloPhenonmenon: I actually got a cool reaction from Peter too. I called him a tall bastard somewhere towards the end of the gig as they were handing out water and he poured a bottle over me :lol:

Ah fun times.. I really can't wait for April.

Lol, how tall is Peter anyways? 6'10''?

Sadpoet said:
^ Wow, what a low blow! I bet Axe's ego just evaporated into nothingness. Shame on you! :lol:

I recognised him one minute ofetr this photo, but i can't find him. But few hours after i apologised him during signing session :)

I get whitewashed on the gig in Prague, when Mikael asked who sits behind the drums. I was one of few who knew that ;-)

After the gig in Prague me and my 8 friends from Poland, 2 guys from Italy, and one from Czech waited for the group. We took a photo with Mikael, Peter, and Martin M. because Per and Axe left tle club just after gig.

I've met then after and before gigs. every 3 gigs I've been at. First ever Hesninki gig, Graspop gig this year, and last Helsinki gig.
First time, I just waited outside for 1,5h in freesing cold... and got opportunity meet them: http://www.online.ee/~rbender/opeth/
@ graspop, Hungary I accidantely met him on festival... He was just hanging around with Mendez...
And last time at last Helsinki gig I met him only on signing session in record store, where I only got quick chat... and reminded him third time about his promise to come to Estonia

MountainDweller said:
It used to be very easy to have a chat with the guys after gigs, not so much anymore probably. I'm talking about back in 2001 when almost nobody, even people into metal, knew who the hell they were. At the Glasgow gig, they left before everyone even got out of the (sold out) building. Mike wasn't well, though.

You're still alive?

I don't think I've seen you post in ages...

Anyway, some of it depends on the venue. Sometimes security is tighter than others. For example at the HOB in Chicago, the guards can be pretty strict and won't let anyone near the tour buses, but when I saw them in WI I just hung out by tour bus and waited a while. I got my Morningrise CD signed as well as a few pics taken (ones up on Opeth pic page) They all seemed to be pretty cool fellows, though I didn't get to talk to them, mainly because I had no idea what to say.

CladInDarkness said:
You're still alive?

I don't think I've seen you post in ages...

Ha ha! I just don't post here that often anymore. At some point the forum lost what made it what it was. A lot of people who used to post here at the beginning left and now I just check every so often and mostly lurk. I occasionaly will reply, though.

MountainDweller said:
Ha ha! I just don't post here that often anymore. At some point the forum lost what made it what it was. A lot of people who used to post here at the beginning left and now I just check every so often and mostly lurk. I occasionaly will reply, though.

I myself rarely post. The forum hasn't been the same for a long time. It used to be a lot more personable, everyone practically knew each other. It's not like that anymore.

Every once in a while I'll spot someone who's been around since the beginning. Do you still talk to any of the older posters?

CladInDarkness said:
I myself rarely post. The forum hasn't been the same for a long time. It used to be a lot more personable, everyone practically knew each other. It's not like that anymore.

Every once in a while I'll spot someone who's been around since the beginning. Do you still talk to any of the older posters?

I recognise a name or two every now and then (of those who have been around for awhile), but I don't really talk to anyone who was here back in 2001 (still posting or not).

ironBIDDAF said:
After the gig in Prague me and my 8 friends from Poland, 2 guys from Italy, and one from Czech waited for the group. We took a photo with Mikael, Peter, and Martin M. because Per and Axe left tle club just after gig.
heh! i didn't wait... just make a photo of my gf with gutarist of burst and go to hotel. btw i am from russia.