Issue to discuss concerning Opeth and managment

That is ghey. Sorry about that man, that is fucking bullshit on Opeth's part. Like you said, you bought a t-shirt, you're entitled to get an autograph; and even if you didn't buy a shirt, you still deserve an autograph if the band is sitting around signing fucking autographs. I remember four years ago, it was like yesterday, I bumped into the band and they almost had to pay me to give them their autograph! I'm just saying, that's how humble they were, they knew they would be still in sweden living in daddy's basement if it wasn't for the fans supporting their ass and paying their hard earn money to see them wank...

I think some people have to understand. Opeth is a lot more popular now than say what they were a few years back. They can't afford to mingle with the crowds as much as they use to cause these days they would get swamped by people outside of gigs, and believe me, that can get very frustrating for any artist even if they are flattered by it. You can only take so much at a time.

Ikil

Mikael Akerfeldt
Junior Member Yesterday 2
Mikael is God
Master of Bating July 7th, 2001 559
Mikael Oretoft
Junior Member June 10th, 2002 1
Mikael wreath
Junior Member July 26th, 2004 0
Mikael Åkerfeldt
Member January 28th, 2002 73
Mikael_hs
I am the black monkeys August 2nd, 2004 5
mikael_lindsten
Junior Member June 2nd, 2002 3

Hmm...

Ikil said:
I think some people have to understand. Opeth is a lot more popular now than say what they were a few years back. They can't afford to mingle with the crowds as much as they use to cause these days they would get swamped by people outside of gigs, and believe me, that can get very frustrating for any artist even if they are flattered by it. You can only take so much at a time.

Ikil

Allowing autographs to only people that buy the new album is completly ghey. I don't even think Kiss would stoop this low...The sad part is, he just bought a shirt that cost him 30 bucks, not to mention the ticket that cost him another 25$. If people can't see the serious "fuck you" they are saying to their fans, then it's time to wake the fuck up! I'm not sensitive to this issue, I could could less, it's just wrong to exploit their fans this way.

I am not talking about that mate , I am talking about how the guy felt like he was ignored when Opeth were getting back on the tour bus.

But what you are saying I totally agree with. He got the cd before those other people did, if anything, he should be at the front of the line before anyone else. He showed his appreciation and dedication to the band before the others did by purchasing the album before the show. Those people who got their album signed on the night may have likely only bought the cd on the night because they were going to get it signed.

I wasn't going to get into this part but since you mistook what I was talking about, I felt i'd throw in my two cents worth.

Ikil

Oh for the love of God will you quit your fucking bitching and whining?!?:cry:

And why does everyone keep saying that he "was forced to buy a CD"? Does he have a signed CD? NO? Well then..... I guess he wasn't forced to do or buy anything. For you people the glass is always half empty.

We are so fucking lucky that Opeth does what they do for the love of the music and get enough satisfaction from it to tollerate this rediculous bullshit.

I'm off to Porcupine Tree. Bah...:heh:

Ikil said:
I am not talking about that mate , I am talking about how the guy felt like he was ignored when Opeth were getting back on the tour bus.

But what you are saying I totally agree with. He got the cd before those other people did, if anything, he should be at the front of the line before anyone else. He showed his appreciation and dedication to the band before the others did by purchasing the album before the show. Those people who got their album signed on the night may have likely only bought the cd on the night because they were going to get it signed.

I wasn't going to get into this part but since you mistook what I was talking about, I felt i'd throw in my two cents worth.

Ikil

Being 'ignored' isn't what pissed me off. At the time I posted I was pissed and it was something small that I could blow up. Even when it happened I didn't take it personally. Even if I had gotten their attention, I wasn't going to ask for an autograph or picture, I was just going to ask them if they were aware of the cd situation.

Mr Samsa, you just see it one way and one way only don't you? You see it as me bitching just because I didn't get and autograph and that I was 'forced' to buy a cd. Again, I didn't care about getting a signing, and if your segregated for not making a purchase, yest that is bullshit. I'm not the only one who feels this way, so instead of putting me down, how about just accepting the fact that I as well as a few others share the same opinion. And obvisouly me discussing this did result in action, so I wasn't just waisting my time, according to you, 'bitching.' This wasn't my only course of action either. I contacted Opeth's manegment, RR, and FYE. And look what the result was, every Opeth fan not having to be segregated for not making a purchase.

Thank you Mikael.

Silent Song said:
FYE is balls. I say boycott them. in force.

I never shopped at FYE to begin with. You have to be rich to by cds from them on a regular basis. I order just about all my cds from Century Media.

exposeenmity said:
Alright, I got back from the Dallas show this morning and I am not happy. The show was great, but certain situations arose that I would like to bring to everyones attention. I had purchased my tickets about three weeks before the show on Opeths site through the pre-sale. I didn't bother bring my confirmation email, figuring that I wouldn't need it. Well, my friend and I got there and were one of the first few people in line. Once they separated the line for will call tickets the shit began to hit the fan. Most of the people who had tickets on will call were not on some 'list' that they had. Then some how they were let in. Maybe because they found their names, I don't know. When I got to me, he said that I wasn't listed. So, he (a worker of the venue) had my friend and I stand aside, while other people on will call and other people who didn't even have tickets got in before we did. We had to stand there and wait until most of the will call people passed us and went inside. The venue worker for some reason said we could go in. Because we got in later than we were supposed to, we didn't get the spot we wanted in the front. Now, my problem isn't really with what spot I got, it lies in the disorganization with whom ever runs the tickets sales through that site. That was just a small issue compared with what happened next. I went to the merch table and purchased a shirt, I then proceeded to ask what was going on at a table next to the merch. The guy, Fye worker, said that if I purchased Ghost Reveries that I could get it autographed by the band. I told the guy that I already own the album because I bought it the day it came out, but wanted an autograph anyway. Then this jackass told me tuff, that if I wanted the bands autograph I'd have to buy the album. I then asked him what's the point of having to buy the album if I already have it? What am I going to do with an extra copy? Being a cooperate bitch he replied, "You can take your first copy and go to Fye and trade it in for something else or give it to a friend." I then told him that this whole situation was nothing but cooperate bullshit and walked off. After the show, they formed a line for the autographs. If anyone was in line who didn't purchase the album there, had to get out of line. They made it mandatory to purchase the album to get the autograph. I'm a dedicated Opeth fan, I bought the album the day it came out, I shouldn't have to buy it again just to get a f**king autograph. So I said screw it and my friend and I went outside to the tour bus. Once they were done signing autographs they came out and proceeded to get on the bus. I called out Peter and Mikael, but they just ignored me and got on the bus. Have Opeth stooped so low that they don't care about their fans enough to sign an autograph even if they didn't buy an album at the show? They were asking $20 for the cd, you know what? I spent $30 on a tour shirt, that should give me enough reason to get an autograph. The way I look at it, I shouldn't have to purchase a damn thing in order to get a signing. I am extremely disappointed with Opeth and probably won't be seeing them in concert anymore. They put a bad taste in my mouth that won't be going away any time soon. I guess that the switch to Roadrunner made them official 'rockstars' and they don't have to give two shits about the fans, only when they pay more money will they do anything. In retrospect, I saw them about two years ago in OKC. After the show, they came outside in the rainy cold weather, were extremely kind guys, and signed autographs until everyone got one. And guess what, no one had to pay a dime. And wouldn't you know it, that was after Deliverance and Damnation were released and, surprise, surprise, those two were released on Koch records. Coincidence, I don't think so.

*Didn't mean to post it twice, it said I wasn't logged in and figured I had to post it again once I was logged in.
If that's the way they are going to be I don't want the assholes autographs. Besides their new one isn't good anyway, I didn't even buy one copy.

century takes forever...amazon.com > century media distribution. Century Media didn't even send me the remastered Nevermore btw...but I'm gonna let that slide. They're shitty. Although...I did get my Opeth - orchid and Morningrise from them when they did that deal a few years ago. "buy 2 for $10" or something, that was pretty cool.

Nice to see that they were cool to the people at the bar. Personally, if I saw them in the bar I would send over a round of fucking Jaegers and raise a glass. That's it.

You're such a jackass shark22... Anyhow, I love how tough you act gunhaver. Getting someone's autograph isn't some childish thing, it's just something you do as a fan. It's just like getting a ballplayers autograph. Of course it doesn't "mean anything" in your fucking nihilistic viewpoints, but it's just a cool thing to do if you're a fan. I remember getting peter's autograph outside the troc on a ticket stub, and it was just like, cool, met peter, got his autograph. The egos on this board really need to take the backburner, this place has become a shithole.

threads are becoming big really fast ... :p

I would have bought the record and get it signed (although I don't really care about signed stuff) and then would have asked them there if they realized I had to buy it double for that ... I think they would have feeled ashamed although it wasn't their fault, but would still hate that situation ... perhaps some people DID ask them that, and perhaps when they went to their tourbus they were pissed because of this fact and heared it so many times then, that they didn't hear you or something at the tourbus? ...

oh well, a logical explanation for that "ignoring" I'm sure ... and I'm sure they hated the situation as much as you do ...

Hmm glad Mikael Åkerfeldt sorted everything out. I Knew Opeth had nothing to do with those buisness methods described in the begining of the thread.

Black Session said:
threads are becoming big really fast ... :p

I would have bought the record and get it signed (although I don't really care about signed stuff) and then would have asked them there if they realized I had to buy it double for that ... I think they would have feeled ashamed although it wasn't their fault, but would still hate that situation ... perhaps some people DID ask them that, and perhaps when they went to their tourbus they were pissed because of this fact and heared it so many times then, that they didn't hear you or something at the tourbus? ...

oh well, a logical explanation for that "ignoring" I'm sure ... and I'm sure they hated the situation as much as you do ...

That's exactly what I was going to do. I was going to spend the $20 just to tell them that and not have them sign anything, but I only had $15. And no, they weren't aware of the situation before or after the signing. Re-read Mikael's posts, he says that he wasn't aware of that happening until I said something. It's all good.

oh sorry, I didn't read all the posts ... my fault ..
like I said threads are becoming large really fast! ;)

well isn't Mikael a swell guy ;) .. thanks for clearing this up!