January Opeth show in LA?

Brotherelf

Nothing Left to Mutilate
May 28, 2001
Visit site
I just got back from the Porcupine Tree concert at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood, CA. I was wearing an Opeth t-shirt and on my way in, a guy ( I assume was in charge of booking) stopped me and said, "Opeth!..How many people do you know that would come to an Opeth show?" I said, "A few."
He said that they were trying to book a show for January, but I was the first one he saw wearing a shirt and was wondering if they would sell enough tickets. I told him that I went to their show at the Key Club last May with Nevermore and it was packed.
He said, "You conviced me. They'll be here in January!"
I don't know if I really had an impact on him, but it sure would be great if they came out in January. On top of that, that's the club I want to see them at anyway, since it's newer and nicer.

As far as the Porcupine Tree concert, it was good. They play strong and clear live. They put on a nice show.

Just thought I'd share that funny story with you all.:)

some dude also posted on here that an opeth show had been booked for march at bradford in the UK.

Im gonna be skeptical about any RUMOURED Opeth shows until they are actually comfirmed.

I hope it's true, but I don't know, it seems like a rumor. If they do come, I hope it's at the knitting factory, it was really nice there, not very expensive and close to me.

I was also at the Porcupine Tree show last night.. I was with the guy wearing the Ron Jeremy shirt ;-) Totally amazing show.. Porcupine tree will be coming back in the spring. Opeth is going to be over here in Jan with Lacuna Coil.. see the other post I just put up a little while ago. I would honeslty not have it be at the Knitting Factory. I personally didnt like the club. I was much to small for my taste. I would rather see the show be at the Key Club, maybe the Palace.. But even that would be to big I think for an Opeth/Lacuna Coil show. But eh.. we will have to see.
Id.. If you have AIM or something, contact me sometime.. always nice to see someone in So cali thats also into P-Tree and Opeth..