Opeth tickets for Chicago?

Mar 24, 2003
St. Louis,MO
Visit site
I would really appreciate if someone can tell me when the Opeth/Porcupine Tree show at the Vic Theater in Chicago is going to have tickets for sale. I have looked it up on Ticketmaster twice a day and they have tickets for every show but the Chicago one. I am going to be extremely furious if I miss this show. I live in St. Louis and this is the closest they will be to me. I really do not want to see them in Cleveland again because that venue was a complete HELLHOLE!
I mostly want to see Porcupine Tree because I have not seen them live, and I have seen Opeth live four times. I really want to see Opeth play their mellow stuff, however.

I don't know. I posted a similar thread two weeks ago. I would assume in the next couple of weeks.

Matt

Brian T. Ghammet said:
I would really appreciate if someone can tell me when the Opeth/Porcupine Tree show at the Vic Theater in Chicago is going to have tickets for sale. I have looked it up on Ticketmaster twice a day and they have tickets for every show but the Chicago one. I am going to be extremely furious if I miss this show. I live in St. Louis and this is the closest they will be to me. I really do not want to see them in Cleveland again because that venue was a complete HELLHOLE!
I mostly want to see Porcupine Tree because I have not seen them live, and I have seen Opeth live four times. I really want to see Opeth play their mellow stuff, however.

I have nothing to contribute other than general anger about Helloween and Nile shows at that venue in October being on Ticketmaster.com already and this show isnt yet. I will be there.....oh yes....

Just went to ticketmaster.com for my daily check-in and it's posted! Here's the info:

Fri, 07/25/03
7:30 pm Opeth Vic Theatre
Chicago, IL More Info
on sale 06/21/2003 10:00 am

See you there!

You purchased 1 ticket to:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opeth / Porcupine Tree
Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL
Friday July 25, 2003 7:30 pm
Seat location: section GOLD 1
Total Charge: $35.00

Woohoo.....anyone know how this seat location works? If seating is reserved, how come I don't have a row/seat number

I think it's by location. So if you got Gold 1 like I did, you can be anywhere in the Gold 1 section? Can someone else verify this?

See you there!

Matt

Servo said:
You purchased 1 ticket to:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opeth / Porcupine Tree
Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL
Friday July 25, 2003 7:30 pm
Seat location: section GOLD 1
Total Charge: $35.00

Woohoo.....anyone know how this seat location works? If seating is reserved, how come I don't have a row/seat number

I just got my 3 for myself, bro, and gf...we are all looking forward to going!!! We are in Section Floor 1 Center. Not really sure what row...but, hey maybe I will see some of you folks there!

I was under that impression as well. The seating chart does not go over well with me...There is not really a point to getting there super early anymore. Although I will be there in the afternoon...

Exactly, this whole thing is going to be a big joke.....The Vic is obviously understaffed, how are they going to enforce it? They could not even throw out this drunken asshole the last time Morbid Angel played there, he kept on re-entering the venue!

I just got an e-mail back from them and they said the seating is reserved and my ticket should have a row/seat number on it. At least I don't have to worry about getting there way early(I hope)