Opeth in Chicago - Vic Theater (July 25th)

mbarys

Active Opeth Listener
Mar 23, 2003
Channahon, IL
www.barys.net
Question....

I did a search for tickets for Opeth in Chicago on July 25th (Ticketmaster) and nothing came up. I noticed that some shows after that date are already on sale. Anyone from the Chicagoland area hear anything about tickets going on sale?

Thanks

Going to be an awesome show. Opeth = #1, Porcupine Tree = #2 on my list. I was wondering about the tickets myself, but yeah, I guess S4R is right; just not on sale yet. Btw, has there been any word on support? Will they even have any supporting bands? I would imagine Opeth and PT would be enough on their won, but I'm curious. I guess hoping that Novembre would be announced as support is wishful thinking, but hey, I can dream.

I've also been curious about tix for this show. I guess if your from the area, the Friday Sun-Times always has a listing of what's going on sale.
I've heard that Opeth and PT are co-headlining, but I can't imagine Opeth not closing out the show. There was that rumor about both bands being onstage, though.

I got an email from the Porcupine Tree Street Team that was from Steven Wilson, he said that they would be alternating every show who would go first and last; ie one night PT first, Opeth closes. Next night Opeth opens, PT closes. And he said that they might be doing something together.

my friends band is on tour at that time and im going with them. we're from north carolina, but we'll be up in Milwaukee at the Milwaukee Metalfest on the 25th and the 26th. They are playing on Saturday. I want to drive down to Chicago so bad to see that show, but I dont think thats gonna happen. I will have to settle for Body Count, Vital Remains, and SYL :bah:

RuinerXL said:
I'll be there. Sadly, I had to opt for seats instead of GA. That's what I get for waiting a few hours. Oh well, I'm sure it'll still be an amazing show.

Hmmm what is with this? One person told me that floor tickets sold out as well, then I hear they are still available. Also I can't see Opeth or PT tickets selling that fast. There shall be a good chance I will be there, and damn it John we need your friend to help us out hehe.

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh all of you chicagoans if you can sing or play bass we need a vocalist and a bass player damn it.