San Francisco show -- Slim's or The Pound SF?

Triste

gazing into the deep
May 4, 2001
Echo Park
Visit site
Hmm....so every other city on the tour has tickets on sale...but I've looked on Ticketmaster and the corresponding sites for each venue that I've seen as being listed for the San Francisco show....so my question is...does anyone know where the hell Opeth are playing in San Francisco?

Yes I know...I've looked at the calendar for both Slim's and The Pound and neither of them has shows booked for the 31st of January so...I can't even use the process of elimination...

:)

Yeah I noticed this to.

On one web-site it indicates that there going to perform at Slim's and on the Opeth site it states The Pound.

Well if the opeth site says that there playing at the pound then I assume thats where its going to take place, since the information on Opeth.com is suppose to be official, but we will have to wait and see in order to feel assured.

One thing for sure, I will be going to both the Los Angeles and San Francisco performances this time around! Even though LA is kind of a long drive from where I live but it will still be worth it.

Hey maybe I will see some of you there. ;)

:cool:

i was questioning that as well, one says slims, the other the pound, i really dont care which one it is, just as long as i get to go, though i have not yet had the pleasure of going to a show at the pound yet, so i'm kind of hoping its there

slim's is nice, I saw the legendary pink dots there recently. I've been to three or four shows at slim's and they usually have an Ok mix, but i've never seen a metal band there before...

out of curiosity, anyone live in the east bay? id say the local metal scene in the greater SF area is pretty crappy, maybe thats just me though

Originally posted by kuraikat
slim's is nice, I saw the legendary pink dots there recently. I've been to three or four shows at slim's and they usually have an Ok mix, but i've never seen a metal band there before...

out of curiosity, anyone live in the east bay? id say the local metal scene in the greater SF area is pretty crappy, maybe thats just me though

Well, there are a decent number of good shows coming up, and I'd say the metal scene is starting to pick back up here.

Dunno about the East Bay scene, but Vio-Lence is back in action, so is Exodus, so we'll see what else comes about in the next few years, that's for sure...

For the rest of the bay, Exhumed and Impaled are still playing shows... So is DRI, and Dragonlord is sorta Bay Area, Psypheria is playing shows...

Lots of decent metal here, you just gotta find it.

Yes...last years show at the Pound was killer...the best I've seen them play. The good thing about the Pound is that it does have an excellent sound system...The guy who owns it is a metalhead (so I've heard) so that's why they pretty much only have metal shows there. The only bad thing about it is the location...if you don't have a car (and I don't...) it's a bitch and a half to get out there...
About Slim's...I've only been to one show there (Fantomas) and it seemed like the sound was pretty good there too...It's a bit bigger than the Pound (which is a plus because at the show last year...it was like sardines) and a lot easier to get to.
So..if I could have a choice about where I would like to see the show...it would be Slim's hands down...

p.s. as soon as any of you fakkers finds out when tickets are on sale...let the rest of us know, ok? :D

Originally posted by kuraikat

I live in Oakland....and I would have to disagree with you saying that the local scene is crappy...I mean...with all of the closures of clubs that have gone on the past couple of years (the CW Saloon being the most recent)...there's still a very strong scene going on...you just have to know where to look for it.

A few bands of notable attention that have been playing around are:

LUDICRA ( www.ludicra.org )
ASUNDER
HAYDN
ARTIFICIUM SANGUIS
INSIDIOUS

and of course the bigger bands that we get to see play like:
HIGH ON FIRE
IMPALED
EXHUMED
NEUROSIS
AMBER ASYLUM

I dunno....I just count myself lucky that I live in this area because touring bands usually come here and we have a really good scene...great shows (did anyone go to the Beyond the Pale fest recently?)...cool people...Look at it this way....at least we don't live in the MidWest somewhere! :lol:

Originally posted by ControlledChaos
xenophobe, don't forget Technocracy, Kaos, and Zero Hour.

Never heard of Zero Hour, but I hooked one of my ex-band mates up with Kaos, and he's their drummer now.

Lots of good metal in the bay right now...

Originally posted by Opethfan1980
pac1288, I'm sure I'll see you there. I'm suprised there is another Opeth fan that lives in Santa Cruz.

Yeah it is surprising when you see somebody here thats from Santa Cruz. There is one other person that browses this forum that is also from the Santa Cruz area. Well its interesting to say the least thats for sure.

Well if you make it to the Opeth concert I will be the one with the Opeth shirt.:lol: