San Francisco show -- Slim's or The Pound SF?

LOL, no, nothing else thanks! I think you covered it quite well Squeak! And I will absolutely call you when I get to town. I arrive the evening of...lol, as I was writing this, you emailed me! I'll just reply to that. C ya!

Originally posted by ControlledChaos
If you're in noctuary, do you know Shannon Frye?

I know Shannon! I havent seen that guy in years. Hows he doing? Is he still working for that record label?
Anyway- I gots my tix for the Troubadour in LA and will be getting them for the Galaxy on the 15th- I hope they dont sell out... I heard the Troub is already sold out!! OPETH!!! yeehaaa!

Yeah he's a good friend of mine. He's doing great, he's still co-owning JCM records and he's the drummer in this SUPERB thrash band called Avenger of Blood. www.avengerofblood.com which is just getting really underway.

I'm going to the pound show. It's gonna slay. although I am quite dissapointed lacuna won't be there. but them's the breaks.

Originally posted by Squeak
Pac, why do you think the concert won't come through? And who all here is going to the San Francisco gig?

Hello everyone! Finally got a chance to go online! I've been so damn busy since I started my LONG distance job far from home. so for those of you that are aware of my personal situation(I made a thread regarding this not too long ago)then I suppose you understand why I've been a bit less active here on the forums.

Anyway, to awnser your question Squeak:

The reason why I said " I hope the concert comes through" is because there are times when bands just can't make it to a particular show/concert and it could be due to many reasons(illness,legal issues,problems with transportation etc.) This has happened numerous times in the past with bands so this is basically where this thought was derived from. I hope this awnsers your question.

As far as for myself the only real bad thing about this concert is that I have nobody to go with. I had friend that was going to join me, but I came to the realisation a couple of weeks ago that this concert falls on a work day and I work near San Francisco so it wouldn't make any sense for me to go all the way to Santa Cruz to go pick him up. I also work the following day so any idea of him taking the bus over there and me taking him back would not work either. It really is too bad because it it sort of sucks going alone but oh well once I'm in there it won't really matter anyways, but it would be really interesting to see some of you there.:)

:)

@pac - I still hope you go! There are plenty of us in here you can hang out with, myself included. I ALWAYS go to shows by myself, regardless of if anyone will be there that I know. I would NEVER pass up a concert just because I'd be by myself. You can call me too, like Markgugs. :)

@Yicjdic - That is incredibly cool that you are willing to pick up Pac's friend so they can go to the show. You rule... I do stuff like that too. :headbang: The more metal fans going to a show, the better!

Originally posted by xenophobe
Squeak... Are you the one always running around at the pound with a camera? :eek:

Well, let's see... If that person you see has blonde hair down past her butt and a big camera and is at every damned metal show anywhere here and headbangs with the rest of them, singing along while getting squashed in the front? Yup yup, that would be me then. :p Here, I will tell you how to see a picture of myself so you guys can all come say hi to me. Don't be afraid... I don't bite unless you tell me to. :D

00024.jpg

That's me. You can also go here : http://www.swedishmetal.net/siteinfo/staff/alina/alina.html

That is my staff member page on Swedish Metal, as I work with that site. :)

EDIT: Hey I just figured out how to add my picture INTO the email! woohoo!

Ah... yes... The long flowing blonde hair. You rudely bumped into me at some show, (nile/ae I think :p ) and smiled.

You'll bite if asked to? :eek: Maybe I will say hi next time! ;)

Xeno - Yes, I do recognize you from shows. I have a VERY good memory, especially for names and faces. If I rudely did bump into you at Nile/Arch Enemy, I apologize. That was a very hard show for me. I was getting so crushed in front that my ribs got bruised, I couldn't breathe and I couldn't push my way out. Not to mention I got a concussion, a bloody nose, 3/4 of my face was bruised and I have a permanent scar on my forehead from that show. The tour manager and a friend of mine who was teching the show had to pull me out of the front. I only bump or smash into people if I need to get out or I'm getting so squashed I can't breathe. Again, I apologize if you thought I was rude. I'm one of the nicest people, especially in front. I watch out for others, not just myself. :)

Oh wow... I'm sorry to hear all that! :(

No, you weren't rude... I was giving you crap about that... Sorry! *sheepish grin after hearing of your "damage"*

You were very nice, you smiled and said sorry to me, and you barely even brushed me. :)

That show was just TOO packed... as a matter of fact, I've never seen the pound try to host that many people... the people up at the box office were even madly arguing about who had the authority to close the doors and call it sold out.

Guess that all happened during Arch enemy? :(

Yes, that all happened during Arch Enemy. I did get quite squashed during Hate Eternal too and I tried to get out once then, but I couldn't. All of this happened because Angela has to be a rock star. Stupid. Whatever. The show was sold out/oversold. There were 620 people in there. I have been there when even MORE people were there, during Morbid Angel/Deicide (talk about HELL trying to stay in front, which I did, the WHOLE set, BOTH days!) and also during Manowar/Immortal (650 people were at that show).

Originally posted by Yicjdic
I will be coming from Santa Cruz and I've got no problem picking your friend up if he still wants to go. I will have a pretty packed car I think but I'm sure one more wouldnt hurt. Lemme know.

Wow thats amazing! but this guy that was suppose to join me is not exactly a huge metal fan or anything. I actually had to convince him to come along with me. His also not the type that would go with people that he doesn't know, but I wish he was the type that would accept this kind of offer, but even if he was it wouldn't be to a concert like this one I guess maybe to something more to his likings. Don't get me wrong though, he likes Opeth quite a bit, but lets just put it this way: he just feels sort of un-easy around a metal crowd/environment. Mainly because he's not use to being around these kind of people.

Anyway thank you so much for the offer man! That is extremely generous of you. Its something that I will do also to someone that is in need, and its great to know that theres great people out there that are willing to offer what they can to help somebody else out.