Meeting Opeth at gigs???

i've only met two famous musicians and i've got to say i acted that a complete dipshit when i met Tony Iommi at Ozzfest. I was just muttering under my breath oh my god its tony fucking iommi, and told him that he was my guitar hero before i was forced to leave the line. since sabbath and opeth are pretty much tied for my favorite band i'm pretty sure if i met one of the opeth guys i would be just as bad.

It's ironic how Peter is the nicest guy out of them all, because he used to be (I don't mean any offense to Peter at all by this statement) the least active on stage. When I saw them in Philly he looked like he was having a great time, headbanging and going to the front of the stage and yelling at the crowd and stuff, from what I remember anyway. They were all having fun.

I wish I could have met them :( Maybe I'll be able to meet them on the 2nd NA leg if they come back to Philly :eek:

Just wait outside the tour bus. They'll probably be drunk and it won't matter because they won't remember you the next day anyways. Who gives a shit if it's fanboyish. Go have your fun.

Yeah Peter was cool. He's the one who ended up inviting my friends and I into their bus when we were the only ones left sitting outside (our other friend was in there cause she's a hot girl). I told him my idea for a death metal band name (which I am not going to reveal here!) and he said it was very death metal \m/

But they were all cool as can be. He's not really a part of Opeth, but I talked to Axenrot the most and he got my friend and I a couple of beers. I don't think Per understood anything I was saying to him though, I don't think his english is that good.

when i saw them on the Damnation tour (as i didn't stay to meet them this time around), i just went outside the venue and they were all standing there talking to the fans.

Moonlapse said:
This was during the underage gig, yeah? I recall pretty much everything you said there.

We went straight to the back of the corner right after their set and I just saw Lopez there talking to one other guy and I was totally dumbfounded. I just had no idea what to do. Lopez is a pretty good conversationalist though.

Got a couple of photos, but only really the one that turned out well. It's on opeth.com, under the fan pics section.

Yes 'twas.. I have pretty decent photos with all the guys.. and a few good snaps during the shows... I should post em somewhere, If only I knew how/could be bothered..

I´ve only met them in the opeth autograph line in gothenburg.
But after the play on the same day some guy that fixed the stage with opeth (not sure who he was), but he came forth to me and gave me a broken drumstick that had resently been played with by the bloodbath drummer that had replased Lopez that day and said "This guy knew every word of every fucking song" and i saw peter smiling at me...It was a pretty honoring moment :)

The man has presence. After all he is a living god :p.

@HaloPhenonmenon: I actually got a cool reaction from Peter too. I called him a tall bastard somewhere towards the end of the gig as they were handing out water and he poured a bottle over me :lol:

Ah fun times.. I really can't wait for April.

Moonlapse said:
The man has presence. After all he is a living god :p.

@HaloPhenonmenon: I actually got a cool reaction from Peter too. I called him a tall bastard somewhere towards the end of the gig as they were handing out water and he poured a bottle over me :lol:

Ah fun times.. I really can't wait for April.

So that was you. Are you tall yourself, or were you standing near a tall guy? {Possibly insert some reference to Germany or a German here}

Mendez walked past me while I was queuing to get in and I managed to stroke his hair.

BRI said:
Mendez walked past me while I was queuing to get in and I managed to stroke his hair.
lmfao .. i'm jealous!

At the Forum gig, my mate constantly bumped in Peter Theobalds from Akercocke.. He seemed really nice - he looks like my sister's ex boyfriend as well! <3

t_165997_1595368849.jpg

A photo was taken by MArtin Axenrot. I didnt recognize Axe and didnt ask him to take a photo with us. :ashamed:

It was taken 31/08/2005 in Katowice, Poland while Axe & Mendez were walking on the city.

Last tuesday in Milan I met Peter, Martin (Mendez) and Mike, got Still Life, BWP and Damnation signed and made some pics, hope they're good. I just had to wait by the tour bus 'till 10 past midnight; the gig finished ad 11:20 pm and if you consider the time to get out, but a t-shirt, go to the car and take my things and go back to the place, I dnd't have to wait for long.

Peter was the coolest of them, indeed. He was the first to come out and talk with the fans, made pics, signed albums and tickets. Martin was also very cool, while Mike made people wait, like a bitch, and hurried up. But it's Mike, so we can forgive him :D