Tuska and Ilosaari gigs canceled!

Finntroll

Misery's Merchant
Aug 1, 2002
Void of Tranquillity
Visit site
[url="http://www.opeth.com" said:
www.opeth.com[/url]] Opeth are forced to cancel the two dates in Finland on the 11th and 12 of july. The reason is that Opeth are preparing for the "Damnation tour". Opeth will make a visit to Finland later this year on their upcoming scandinavian tour.
:( Great! Just fucking great! This is the second time this year they have canceled their gigs in Finland! Better not be only Damnation songs when they finally arrive here to actually play "later this year"!

Opeth, I really enjoy your music, but this is fucked up. Either you or your management needs to get its shit together. If you knew, and I'm sure you did, about the "Damnation tour", why did you promise to play at Ilosaarirock (and Tuska too). If one of the band members got ill or something similar, then I would understand. But this... ungh.

I really hope you make this up by playing in Joensuu on your upcoming (who am I kidding, you'll probably cancel it anway...) scandinavian tour. And by making up I mean playing in Joensuu, not just in Helsinki. And I don't care if you have to play on the small stage at the damned market square.

Man, check out Opeth.com guestbook for some choice vitriol... :loco:

Great news for everyone coming over from Estonia and Russia for the weekend aswell...

No they didn't. But instead, they played April Ethereal and Forest of October and bunch of other high quality Opeth songs.

Hearse said:
They have been playing Forest of October nearly in every tour :p

Last time when they played 'The twilight is my Robe' in '96 with Anders & Johan I believe.

I.. want.. bootleg.. now. :dies:

TWIMR = Best Opeth song ever.