New songs will be played on North American Tour 2004!

Wow, these guys came to America 3 times last year, as well as touring elsewhere across the world. Doesn't touring get old after a while? Oh well, seeing those songs live is going to rule, so I'm not complaining.

There had better be a stop in Toronto, if not it's time for a road trip. There's no way in hell I'm going to miss The Moor being played live...

This is such awesome news...I so want to see them perform The Moor, April and Blackwater Park....wow. This tour just might be better than the D and D tours!

I was listening to a live recording from the Damnation tour last night (Chicago). There were a few people shouting out for Black Rose Immortal and in response to this Mikael says that they will eventually rehearse that song and play it on tour. Maybe this will be the one....

BTW, they've played Nectar live before, during the 1996 tour with Cradle Of Filth.

mbarys said:
From Blabbermouth.com:

Surprise for this tour was the inclusion of "April Ethereal" from the 1997 album "My Arms Your Hearse". This has only been played live twice before back in 1997.

Nope, they also played it in Denmark not long ago, I was there.
There's review of the concert [23 oktober, voxhall, århus, denmark]

jerkstore said:
There had better be a stop in Toronto, if not it's time for a road trip. There's no way in hell I'm going to miss The Moor being played live...

If there's no Toronto show, I'll roadtrip with you to wherever it takes \m/

MardyAss said:
Nope, they also played it in Denmark not long ago, I was there.
There's review of the concert [23 oktober, voxhall, århus, denmark]

if you read it properly,you will notice that the article is also reffering to the show that you just mentioned.

It says that april ethereal had only been played live twice before you're show,and the other dates on the scandinavian tour.

THE FUCKING MOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only they'd play Dirge for November. I know it's an unpopular song and they'd never play it, but when the heavy part kicks in, I get shivers every time. Most emotional moment in metal. Beautiful...

We cannot get our hopes up too high because it says we will find out which songs make it to the tour. I would love to hear all of those songs live though, but hope that they play some of their tradational heavy songs since I have not seen a heavy set from them yet. Another thing, if they were to play those three songs and Black Rose Immortal, that is about an hour. Maybe they will play extensively on this tour.

maybe i'm missing something..but..they're on tour now, and are coming back in the very beginning of '04, how could they even play new material if there is none? even if they have a couple weeks of, i doubt they'd start writing, and beyond that PLAY those "not even close to being finished" song. damn i love opeth, i'm gonna listen to morningrise in a few minutes, on my long drive to school.