New songs will be played on North American Tour 2004!

mbarys

Active Opeth Listener
Mar 23, 2003
Channahon, IL
www.barys.net
From Blabbermouth.com:

OPETH To Play 'Drastically Different' Set On Upcoming U.S. Tour - Nov. 11, 2003

Sweden's OPETH recently returned from their first-ever Scandinavian tour. The band performed live in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. The Finns finally had a chance to see the band live in concert for the first time ever, and OPETH tried to repay their "debt" by playing a set over two hours 20 minutes long in Helsinki. Surprise for this tour was the inclusion of "April Ethereal" from the 1997 album "My Arms Your Hearse". This has only been played live twice before back in 1997.

The long-awaited DVD, "Lamentations - Live at Shepards Bush Empire" will be released in late November through Music For Nations. American release is set for the end of February 2004.

Candlelight Records have re-issued the first three OPETH albums ("Orchid", "Morningrise", and "My Arms Your Hearse") in embossed tin-can editions. This is a very limited release and they're available now.

Since OPETH have been in North America three times in support of "Deliverance" and "Damnation", there will be some drastic changes in the band's live set list for the upcoming 2004 tour. To keep the interest from the fans, the band will pull out a series of never-before-played numbers from albums past and present. Some songs up for rehearsals are "The Moor", "Nectar" and "Blackwater Park", among others.

Seeing Blackwater Park and Nectar in there just made me cream my pants, or maybe it was the pictures of the Suicide Girls I was looking at, anyway, I'm so glad they're varying the setlist. Seeing Blackwater Park performed live would kill me.

Hell yeah! And The Moor will rock!

Matt
Dan said:
Seeing Blackwater Park and Nectar in there just made me cream my pants, or maybe it was the pictures of the Suicide Girls I was looking at, anyway, I'm so glad they're varying the setlist. Seeing Blackwater Park performed live would kill me.

OH FUCK.I justnread this at Blabbermouth too.I expected there would be a thread about it already.

Shit though,i neeeeeeed to go to america just to see The Moor played live,i would happily die after that.

Now opeth need to do another Euro tour after they settle down for the new album.

Cos if you think about it,this is opeth likes 4th time over in the states in support of D1 & D2,and they have only hit europe 2 times,and one of those tours was a short euro tour.

I think they should do one more big euro tour,with drastic changes in the setlist also.And play the moor!

The Moor... fuck. One of my all time favourites. That would be awesome to witness this feat. I hope they 'drastically' change the set list for the next UK tour. Getting abit laborious with the same tracks they keep playing the four times i have seen them in the last 2 years :p

\m/