Opeth set to release new Cd in august September/north american tour in the works

deathbearer

Oct 15, 2002
New Paltz, New York
Visit site
According to SMN.News.com. Expect a new release from Opeth late in the summer/early fall and a North AMerican tour, for those of us whom can't them
(again) on the sounds of the Underground tour, this is good news::OMG:
According to Bravewords.com, OPETH is looking for their eighth full-length album to be out in late August / early September, most likely through Roadrunner Records. The band, now set as a five piece with the permanate addition of keyboardist Per Wiberg</B>, is also planning a world tour to follow the release of the album, with a headlining tour in North America in the works.
In the mean time, OPETH will be a part of the main stage at this summer's Sounds of the Underground festival. Here are all of the

come again to save the motherfuckin day yeah

Hmmm if thers going to be a headlining tour this makes me wonder if it will be worth to go to the ironically named sounds of the underground tour... i may pass on it

deathbearer said:
According to SMN.News.com. Expect a new release from Opeth late in the summer/early fall and a North AMerican tour, for those of us whom can't them
(again) on the sounds of the Underground tour, this is good news::OMG:
According to Bravewords.com, OPETH is looking for their eighth full-length album to be out in late August / early September, most likely through Roadrunner Records. The band, now set as a five piece with the permanate addition of keyboardist Per Wiberg</B>, is also planning a world tour to follow the release of the album, with a headlining tour in North America in the works.
In the mean time, OPETH will be a part of the main stage at this summer's Sounds of the Underground festival. Here are all of the

*www.SMNnews.com ;P

but yeah, this should be awesome! I'll probably go to SOTU anyway and then the headlining tour, too.

yea wheres the australian/ new zealand tour?? new zealand needs some more good metal bands down here..

and on a seperate note, america is far from awesome, just look at who they elect for their head of state....

Well, the only thing new about this is that BW&BK talked to Peter, and he said that there will be a North American headlining tour. Everything else was reported on opeth.com, and that RR thing is still unconfirmed. People just keep citing anonymous sources. Bullshit news.

well Opeth loves touring here which is fucking great, because all the other cool metal bands stay in Europe for their small tours and festival dates. Please eurobands...embark on the 3 month long party that is the tour of the United States. Thankie.

ahhahaha opeth coming to new zealand thats a realllly good one, as long as they come to aussie im happy enough to fly over there

I cant imagine Opeth coming here, but unless they came to CHCH, id end up going to Aussie anyway Melboune all the way.

Cheers moony for kepping the Anti-american feelings out of this place, our PM spouts enough of them.

yeah, okay...they're touring and added a new member. but any information on what they're new album will SOUND LIKE? are they going to keep up this soft-rock stuff, go back to deliverance style, something in between, or become an accordian-driven polka band?

something to add:
I do admit, though, that they're old deliverance style, with pretentious guitar solos, acoustic passages, and alternation between death growls and clean vocals IS kind of an old formula for them by now. then again, this ultra soft rock could get old after a while, too.

rissy said:
and what in the world do you mean by that?
by the way, what's with all the signature pictures having some reference to how much you guys love Opeth? did you all get together at one point and decide to do this?
the one I just don't get, though, is that one with all the asian guys building a snowman and it simply says Opeth in the bottom right corner (?!?)

ryan1987online said:
something to add:
I do admit, though, that they're old deliverance style, with pretentious guitar solos, acoustic passages, and alternation between death growls and clean vocals IS kind of an old formula for them by now. then again, this ultra soft rock could get old after a while, too.

I think that people who use the word pretentious are pretentious.