Opeth splitting up?

I dunno but I kinda get the impression that Opeth will split after the Damnation tour.

Just things that Mike said in interviews like " this is to be our Magnum Opus, our crowning achievement...it has to be something special"

If this was to be their "crowning achievement" Then why release another album after Deliverance and Damnation. Surely they wanna go out on top.

Also Martin Lopez says "thatnks to the guys in Opeth...for the great times"

Perhaps im reading into it too much but I believe a split is on the cards.

Yeah, I interviewed Martin and Mikael Opeth for my website and they both ended up fighting about the direction they wanted to take. Martin wanted to go down a rap-metal root but Mikael refused and said the initial plan of an emo album was still on schedule.

Pros:
- Opeth will go out on top

Cons:
- No more Opeth :(

So as you can see there are more cons than pros. Hey, if Opeth do dismember after Damnation, at least they'll go out like Emperor - in flames! (not the band, In Flames, that was a figure of speach)

Oh well....I guess it has to happen eventually :cry: ....hopefully many other bands will be influenced by Opeth and shall go on to achieve great things.

However, this is only speculation and I don't think we have to commit mass suicide just yet.

I'd rather wait and see then try to make any speculations. They did say that the studio sessions were very stressful and people do say things they don't necessarily mean in that kind of situation.

You're reading way too much into it man.

They just wanna perform the fucking best they can, they've been gaining recognition left right n centre so it's like, gunna be something big for them. Maybe they mean "their biggest yet"

:D.

I personally think you're reading a bit too much into things.

However, at the same time, Akerfeldt may want to pursue the softer 70s prog side so he may just form a new band.