2009 Releases

DT have really, as of late, descended into a vortex of mediocrity. Without Queensryche's "progressive" contribution, DT might not have existed. And without DT, that would not have been a bad thing for progressive music. DT, is/are one of the most overrated bands in the history of music. Period. BTW,2009 is gone man. How about getting current? What releases in 2010, have given you an erection?

That is not a very realistic statement. Dream Theater has only had what happens to all bands later in their career. They were also a bunch of young guys that got together at Berklee in the mid 80's and while Im sure they were digging Queensryche and some metal influences came from Queensryche there is plenty that came from older bands such as Rush, Kansas, ELP. In fact their first album was much like one style of metal during that period only more technical showing some older progressive influences. But they seriously raised the bar. I fail to see how progressive music would be better off, their early albums helped jump start more interest in that genre of music and as I said their footprint is heavy.

Regardless my views on any use of terms like "overrated", Dream Theater earned their position and anything outside of that is simply opinion because no one can change history... period