2010 albums not yet released that you are excited about

I agree with you... partially. "Parallels" is their greatest moment but, for me, not by far. It´s their masterpiece of course but "Awaken the guardian", "Perfect symmetry" and "Inside out" are almost masterpieces too.

Well, I really like the FW discography. "Fates Warning X" is not much inspired but it contains a song that I love: "Another perfect day".

It´s a pity how overlooked are Fates Warning nowadays. They played in Madrid a couple of years ago (first time headlining in Spain) and there were only 60 people. 2 weeks before Dream Theater came to my town and 7.000. What a shame given the fact that in the beginning DT were FT wannabes.

I know I'm committing blasphemy, but neither Perfect Symmetry and Awaken never did a whole lot for me. I certainly liked a few songs off of each record, but Ray still hadn't found himself vocally (on PS) and each record seems to be missing that special "something" that Parallels had. Inside Out, is a great record tho, and I got my copy signed by the band at PPUSA-X. IO and Parallels are the only Fates albums I really enjoy listening to from start to finish. Though Disconnected may be a close third.

Ditto on Another Perfect Day. I wasn't crazy about FWX beyond a few songs, but I often throw APD onto MP3 CDs for the car.

60 people?! Really? Damn shame. That sounds like Dianno playing Windsor a few years ago and 25 people showed up. Granted the show was poorly promoted and Windsor only has 200 000 people - of whom very few actively listen to metal - but still!

I know I'm committing blasphemy, but neither Perfect Symmetry and Awaken never did a whole lot for me. I certainly liked a few songs off of each record, but Ray still hadn't found himself vocally (on PS) and each record seems to be missing that special "something" that Parallels had. Inside Out, is a great record tho, and I got my copy signed by the band at PPUSA-X. IO and Parallels are the only Fates albums I really enjoy listening to from start to finish. Though Disconnected may be a close third.

Ditto on Another Perfect Day. I wasn't crazy about FWX beyond a few songs, but I often throw APD onto MP3 CDs for the car.

60 people?! Really? Damn shame. That sounds like Dianno playing Windsor a few years ago and 25 people showed up. Granted the show was poorly promoted and Windsor only has 200 000 people - of whom very few actively listen to metal - but still!

I agree the band seemed to be in transition on Perfect Symmetry & the album is inferior to Parallels.
They were supposed to play in Virginia last year (according to the venue's website at least). I was pissed when that the show got canceled.

I agree the band seemed to be in transition on Perfect Symmetry & the album is inferior to Parallels.
They were supposed to play in Virginia last year (according to the venue's website at least). I was pissed when that the show got canceled.

yeah at jaxx. what happened? i was going

My main one for this year...it's the return of the Voyager...

267728.jpg

After that:

Accept
Forbidden
Symphony X
Vanden Plas
and a few more...

Ark, as in the Norwegian 'super group' that once featured Jorn Lande? Have they reformed?

There's no official statement about it yet, but it's been confirmed by John Macaluso among others. Can't find a source right now though but it's happening. I think it's the Burn The Sun lineup minus Lande but again, this is second-hand information at best.

The news of the new Ark album appeared in several mags, and also is on the Myspace of drummer John Macaluso.
The album wil be called "Aradiokaos ".... Outside that all seems to be a big mistery :-/

Sabaton - Coat of Arms

Website says it was released on the 24th of March but I haven't found it yet.

:headbang:

SHIT! I forgot that one on my list
slap.gif

There's no date in their MySpace site, and from their website
Masters of Rock Café in Zlín/Czech Republic will host a releaseparty for the new Sabaton album "Coat of Arms" on May 14:th.

Allen/Lande - The Showdown

From Magnus Karlsson's Facebook page:
Magnus Karlsson
A/L is done. I’m just waiting for the release date.
Mon at 11:22pm

This will probably kick ass. I hope there's absolutely no evolution or progression whatsoever from the first two, more of the same please! :kickass:

Allen/Lande - The Showdown

This will probably kick ass. I hope there's absolutely no evolution or progression whatsoever from the first two, more of the same please! :kickass:

I'm a huge Jorn fan, but the last one of this project was boring. Don't know if I'm gonna for a third round.

On another line, Wuthering Heights new album "Salt" is already out. I didn't know it was coming, but based on the solidness of the last two albums I took a dive and made a blind purchase. Hope it'll be dispatched soon.