2015 Cds

Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
2015 ( IMO) hasn't been a good Release year ( So Far)....How Disappionted are you on what you Purchased to Date: For Me..

Sylvan----Home
Lonely Robot----Please Come Home
Grand Tour----Heavy On The Beach

I love the Sylvan; not crazy about Lonely Robot though.
Mushroom Giant is great.

That's the beauty of music. No album makes the same musical statement to any two people... :lol:

Lonely Robot is one of my favorites from this year so far. I liked the Sylvan album too for showing compositional evolution although I agree that it isn't their best to date. The Arcane album is a candidate for my Top 10 list while The Grand Tour has great music but is marred by flat, emotionless vocals. Really enjoying the Theo album too.

We must be living in different 2015s. I've heard some great albums so far:
Ascendia - The Lion and the Jester
Periphery - Juggernaut: Alpha / Juggernaut: Omega
Jorn/Holder - Dracula: Swing of Death
Blind Guardian - Beyond the Red Mirror

I have yet to get to a few recent purchases but things are looking good so far.

So far for me,

Beardfish - Confort zone 4626 (love this one)
Steven Wilson - Hand, cannot. erase (excellent)

Agreed. I've had mixed feelings about Wilson's previous solo work, but this newest one has me convinced he's doing the right thing. Wonderfully intriguing album.
I have to agree on that. I didn't think much of "Insurgentes" and "Grace for Drowning", "Raven ..." was better but I felt it was a bit of a "prog by numbers" recording lacking real emotion. However, the new one is much better.

A great 2015 release is Special Providence - Essence of Change.
I saw them live over Easter at the ProgDreams festival in Boerderij in Holland. They played a blistering 90 minute set. Afterwards I went to their stall and bought all 4 albums. When Ken got this in recently the first line of the description said they were a jazz metal band - I didn't read any further thinking that would be horrendous and didn't see his Buy or Die recommendation. But the music is great a bit like Scale the Summit in the fast passages but with much more variation and interesting mellow sections.
I would classifiy them as a Techical Jazz Metal band. There is a hint of electronica thrown into the mix on the earlier albums.

The Live Katatonia sounds very good.

Having finally gotten to hear this one, I totally agree. The mellower arrangements throughout "Sanctitude" really highlight their songwriting prowess. Katatonia just keep getting better, to my ears.

Two fantastic 2015 RPI releases:
Ubi Maior: Incanti Bio Meccanici
La Coscienza di Zeno: La Notte Anche di Giorno

Having finally gotten to hear this one, I totally agree. The mellower arrangements throughout "Sanctitude" really highlight their songwriting prowess. Katatonia just keep getting better, to my ears.

Yes, I just love this album! It is on "constant rotation"in my house. :worship:

2015 is shaping up to be a good year - another two excellent releases:
Tiger Moth Tales - Cocoon
M-Opus - 1975 Triptych

2015 keeps getting better; another two superb releases:

Anekdoten - Until all the Ghosts are Gone
I think this is by far the best thing they have ever done. Superb musicianship and doesn't have the depressing melancoly of their past work. In places it almost sounds joyous!!!

The Tangent - A Spark in the Aether
Their first album, The Music that Died Alone, had remained my favourite up until now. Most of their subsequent albums were good but never quite matched the spark that the first one had. A Spark in the Aether is a fitting sequel to that album and may be even better.