2019 roster speculation?

NorseBlood

franks n steins
Nov 6, 2013
Smashville
Is it too early to begin speculating on the 2019 roster?

Call me a sucker, but did you guys catch the two tweets posted tonight by Glenn?

One had to do with Ayreon Universe. The other had to do with the 2019 draft roster.

Can I make the leap of paired association and say we might have Ayreon at the 2019 festival? Ayreon has never played a ProgPower festival, and I know a lot of people would love to see them.

Just saying..

Had no idea they were so pricey. Oh well.

Then I'll add another one. Sunburst. Didn't make it last year because of visa issues. Could 2019 be their year??

Some bands that I hope are on the 2019 roster: Demons & Wizards, Riot V, Rebellion, Witherfall and also Overkill or Savage Messiah make a return appearance :headbang:

Jon Schafer has been vocal about going into the studio for a new Demons and Wizards album. Thus, if he wants to do some live shows with this project, PPUSA would make sense.

I'd also love to see Accept, as I've never seen them live. I caught Dirkschneider last year, and it would be great to see the current lineup of Accept as well.

I was hoping that the Helloween Pumpkins United lineup would be a special treat for this year, but perhaps next year might be possible.

And Annihilator would be awesome, but I doubt it since Jeff Waters & co never really tour outside of Canada and Europe. Same thing with Saga.

Here is something interesting I just found on Jon Oliva's forum. "In a recent interview, original Savatage drummer Steve 'Doc' Wacholz hinted that the legendary metal band will reunite once again for a tour next year (2018)." Could it be Glenn will get Savatage to close PPUSA XX ??? I'm not sure being nailed in a coffin and buried could keep me away from that performance.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/community_feed/savatage_set_to_reunite_next_year.html

Last edited:
Here is something interesting I just found on Jon Oliva's forum. "In a recent interview, original Savatage drummer Steve 'Doc' Wacholz hinted that the legendary metal band will reunite once again for a tour next year (2018)." Could it be Glenn will get Savatage to close PPUSA XX ??? I'm not sure being nailed in a coffin and buried could keep me away from that performance.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/community_feed/savatage_set_to_reunite_next_year.html
I wish I'd have brought a change of underwear to work today!!!! I'll BELIEVE it when I see it!!!!

Is anyone familiar with The Great Discord here? I think they would make for a pretty fun live show.

Fia sings her ass off on the harmonies

I'd give my left nut for another Ihsahn appearance. Past couple of years have been a little more consistent - which isn't an inherently bad thing, but I'm ready for some 2011-2012-like variety. I understand that's probably not an exceptionally popular opinion but I really enjoyed having some heavier acts here and there.

Also? Ne Obliviscaris. Having seen them live twice now I feel absolutely confident they'd do well at PP.

Last edited: