2019: So, there's a new album out...

farren

Mar 16, 2006
Sad how band forums in general, the best places for in-depth discussion of the music and for interacting with band members in non-shallow ways, are more of less dead. I still stop by, though, and thought I'd post some of the press release for The God Machine, released today.

"Los Angeles-based heavy/power metal legends, Steel Prophet ,are back with their new massive sounding album, The God Machine, out on April 26th via ROAR! Rock Of Angels Records.

Five years after the release of Omniscient, the band recruited the all-star heavy metal singer/producer R.D. Liapakis of Mystic Prophecy/Devil's Train and his uniquely ranged vocal skills to perfectly match the songs on The God Machine. R.D. Liapakis is not just the man behind the microphone though since he, alongside Steve Kachinsky is responsible for the songwriting and production process of the album."

It's fantastic, by the way. Quite a bit darker and less 'fun' than Omniscient, but obviously still Steel Prophet. The new vocalist sounds great. I wasn't familiar with him, but he has a bit of gruffness or grit in his voice, like Tom Englund of Evergrey, which imparts a lot soulfulness and emotion. Brave but perhaps wise to choose someone with a style completely different from Rick's. Just wish the album was longer than 41 minutes. ;)