2020 Legacy of the Beast tour

There's two possibilities. One, they are headlining Download. Two its their own headline tour. The were amazing in 2016 during the BOS tour and before 2018 thought a setlist with Icarus and Blaze Era songs would be amazing so super excited they are bringing this to Aus!

Signs etc that point to it being Download:

While Melbourne and Sydney sold out their 2016 BOS shows, they took their time, I joined the IMFC to buy a fan club ticket for Melbourne, the floor tickets for Melb were the only ones that went fast (sure I probably could've got a floor ticket within the 48 hours it took for the GA tix to go, but didn't want to risk it). It was only when they reduced the last of the Melbourne tickets prices to $66.60 did they sell out (possibly at the door, who knows). So it would make sense that they would do a festival, given Mel and Syd only just sold out a headline shows and were nowhere near needing to add second gigs.

Nicko McBrain in the Aus/NZ teaser vid mentioned two cities, Donnington and Belfast both of which they are playing festivals (Download UK and Belsonic).

Signs that point it to it being a headline tour:

The possibility that RATM may have been booked as the Download headliner with System of a Down as the second band on the bill. Those two alone would see Melbourne and Sydney Download sell out that they wouldn't put Maiden with those two (well maybe Maiden with SOAD but no way Maiden with RATM).

Brad Ralph <--- Some of you may know this guy on the Twitterverse. He is adamant its a headline tour and not Download. He made claims during the Soundwave days on Twitter as to who was ruled out and was always correct. That being said, there can be a first time for many things, so he could be wrong this time.

My prediction, they'll be Download exclusive for Melbourne and Sydney, but do stadium gigs in Brisbane, Adelaide (and maybe Perth) if there's other big bands on the Download bill that cause both festivals at Mel and Syd to sell out, Maiden fans that missed out will travel to Adelaide or Bris to keep the sales up.

Obviously going to Brisbane, thinking Adelaide and Sydney as well. Never been to Adelaide so this will be a good excuse.

I’d love to go to Japan and do the three shows there instead. Still thinking about it. Got an eye on cheap flights and a decent-priced hotel.

Decided against Adelaide. It was going to cost me another $650 to do it and I can’t justify it. Might just put that money towards a trip to New Caledonia instead. I feel like going to New Caledonia.

It'd be a shame. I was looking forward to a non-album tour so we'd hear more of a range of material.