20th of October Symphony X @ The Effenaar in EIndhoven

Cool, I originate from Eindhoven. Born and raised there. Did you see them when they played at the Dynamo some years back? That was also in October.

They also played at 013 in Tilburg. That was great.

Hawk said:
Cool, I originate from Eindhoven. Born and raised there. Did you see them when they played at the Dynamo some years back? That was also in October.

They also played at 013 in Tilburg. That was great.

Yeah, I went to 013 too. Dat was kei gaaf :D
I didn't go to Dynamo because I didn't like metal that time lol. I went to Fields of Rock this year, met Opeth in real life. I hope Symphony X will come to Fields of Rock sometime as well.

So yeah, Metal Chick will stay here for almost a week. Can't wait to go see SymX with her :) and my brothers.

The only thing I would like to say is: The show was totally AWESOME!
People gave me the setlist with Michael Romeo's footprints on it, so here it is:

Inferno
Wicked
Evolution
Communion & the Oracle
King of Terrors
Out of the Ashes
Accolade I + II
Smoke & Mirrors
Sea of Lies
Of Sins and Shadows

and of course:
The Odyssey

It was absolutely wonderful! I also had to chance to meet Mike Romeo and Jason Rullo. They were really nice and gave some autographs to us :D

I agree with all of the above but I must add a few words:

\m/ -_- \m/

OMG i think that may have been one of the best night of my life, seriously. it was a million times better than PP tht's for sure, and i'm not talking about the actual concert. Well, I'm here in beuatiful Holland for a few more days, but on my agaonizingly long plane ride back to the US cramoped in Economy class with crazy people surrounding me I will write about that wonderful night and have on my site this weekend.
oh yeah one more thing:

:D

The Metal Chick said:
I agree with all of the above but I must add a few words:

\m/ -_- \m/

OMG i think that may have been one of the best night of my life, seriously. it was a million times better than PP tht's for sure, and i'm not talking about the actual concert. Well, I'm here in beuatiful Holland for a few more days, but on my agaonizingly long plane ride back to the US cramoped in Economy class with crazy people surrounding me I will write about that wonderful night and have on my site this weekend.
oh yeah one more thing:

:D

Sounds like a cool nite to me! Hope you liked your stay in our crazyland!

Hey nice pics! hehe...I made them!

Yeah the show was so f*cking cool! I was standing right in front of Michael Romeo. His guitar playing is so amazing, he plays those killing solo's even when he's blinded (by Russell)!

Bastiaan_X said:
Hey nice pics! hehe...I made them!

Yeah the show was so f*cking cool! I was standing right in front of Michael Romeo. His guitar playing is so amazing, he plays those killing solo's even when he's blinded (by Russell)!

Hehehehehe, you...... :D

Yeah, that moment was really cool. When Mike Romeo had to play this awesome solo (I guess it was Smoke and Mirrors, not sure) Russell took his hands before Mike's eyes. And still he could play his solo!

There was a guy in the crowd with a mask. I saw him in March as well. He's silly. Anyway, he took someone with him, it seemed like it was his little sister. I couldn't stand her as well, lol. After the show she asked a guy who works for SymX if she could have a guitar pick of Mike Romeo. But the guy said he couldn't give it to her because he still needed it. Then he took the setlist from the ground and wanted to give it to her. But before she had the chance to get it, I already got it. I'm so happy :D .

A funny thing happened over there: Amanda (The Metal Chick) was standing right near me and then there came a guy to her. He said he recognized her from the forum.
I want to know who this guy is! :p hehe

Hey Bastiaan!! :wave: You should come to the forum some more.

And yeah that guy and girl were so annoying...the guy was singing so off key and the wrong words right in my ear and the girl pushed her way up and was laying on the monitor next to me with this really dumb look on her face....bah, enough complaining. It was still the best time of my life...and hehehehe I got a guitar pick that Romeo dropped...I will cherish it forever. *sigh*

Oh and by the way Nica, that guy that recognized me is Hawk. He's the guy that posted this thread. I can't believe he recognized me though!

I already saw you two standing inline outside before they let us in. Anyway I recognized "The Metal Chick" from her previous avatar right away! :)

The gig was great!! Good sound. Too bad the floor does not go downwards towards the stage like it does in 013. But then you can't have it all :D