21.01.2010 – Seinäjoki, Rytmikorjaamo

Cari

Jul 7, 2008
Who will come, besides me ?

(yeah, insanity starts taking over again ^^)

Any Finns around who possibly know a rather affordable place where to stay in Seinäjoki (hotel/hostel/bed and breakfast) which surely doens´t cost more than 40€ in the worst case?

I don´t find anything :S

alright...i am VERY bad at remembering songs. always. but I try it. if anyone can help, do it - if not, well... XD

Victoriae
Arse Torches ( THIS is NOT my version. THAT was on the setlist. Believe me.)
One More (without the violin-beginning)
TVG
Take the day
Holmgard
Portage
Jarisleif
Hunting Pirates
RRR
Stand up and Fight
Sahti Waari
Rasputin
Battle Metal

I have NO idea if they actually played Miklagard Overture. shame on me. but sorry, brain is tired.

This was my first turisas gig, and I think it was really awesome.

Of the songs i hadn't heard before, Take The Day sounded the most intersting.

I cannot recall that they played the Overture but that would mayby have been awsomeness overload ;)

Whooo, again I'm here with my fav subject, ranting 'bout the reporters! First of all, I have to mention about this particular review/interview, that those who live in Southern Ostrobothnia and read the print version of that newspaper, sure noticed that most space from that half-page article took the huge title, from which you might've thought at first that it was Daniel Lioneye headlining the gig, and the colossal, shitty quality pic of Linde (by our beloved reporter). And if you hadn't gone to see the gig itself, you certainly would've thought that it actually was DL who were headlining. Plus, he seemed to have there a good amount of facts that he probably hadn't checked properly.

Inner circle fact from Rytmis-staff; we hate that reporter. Or actually that's not any kind of secret, ask anyone in Seinäjoki and you'll most likely get the same answer. If we somehow could bann him, we would. His general behaviour makes us all friggin' pissed off for all bands he interviews. And damn, this wasn't the first time he just walked straight to backstage without even asking if the evening's staff foreman was present and confirmed his photographer pass and other stuff. Besides that we don't allow doing that, I think it certainly doesn't show any good manners just to go there without asking if it was ok at the moment and so. The problem with him is that we never know if he actually has any permissions or interviews agreed with band or management, and that he's too fast for us. Usually random people that aren't our staff members and don't have a pass (in a place we could see it) just stay near the doors and so, but that guy always just goes on like he owned the whole place. And no matter how many times our foremen have told him to not do that, do you think he ever catches the point? I certainly wish our boss just could mention the papers he works for to not send him to do interviews at Korjaamo ever again.

Besides, he's not that good reporter anyway.

[/endofcolossalrant]

i know such people who in the end do not write proper reports and well...there´s always such, who knows, amybe even those learn :/

Whoo, we've had him for years, he'll probably never learn. *waving a huge bann-flag* And I guess he's as much of a weight for the papers and magazines as he's for us, since they're getting shitty feedback about him as well.

but he still has that job, so not enough complains obviously...but sometimes it´s really good if you just understand parts of such reviews, and not the whole mass of if...coz at times I´d wonder if I have seen the same gig hahaha

Yeah, it's more like ranting in the background and not enough in public, Finnish people really should learn to complain more 'bout things. And according to the quality of culture sections of those papers anyway, guess he'll probably stick around for looooooong...

Haha, that's so true, I wondered the same thing with the Lutakko-review :'D

a pity my Finnish sucks, otherwise I´d do that job hahaha would be so cool, but well...

i dont really care about reviews, because i know what I have seen and what not, so ;))

haha, yeah, that'd be great :lol:

yeah, but unfortunately some of those people who hadn't see the gig or any gig from some band read 'em and try to get a proper picture from the thing, and if and when the reporters don't know what they're writing about, those people get mislead and stuff. Just guessing, but hey, that's journalism for you ;)

I´ve proven often enough I am at leats in german language doing a good job, so ;))

but yeah, indeed, it sucks if you haven´t been attending sucha great gig and then get sucha review and wonder "aaalright, this oesnt sound that good and I am sure the person who writes this knows what he/she/it is doing"...

can't disagree with my non-existent German skills :D Haha, no, I bet you're great. ;)

oh yeah, and that's too bad for 'em if they skip the next (presumably good) gig 'cuz of bad review -> less audience -> too bad for the band as well. Thus, shitty reviews are shitty and therefore suck big time. :p

at least I haven´t had anyone complaining yet LOL (but I dislike writing gig-reports to be honest LOL)

yeah...but I think here with Turisas it´s like mouth to mouth "epidemics" XD and mostly people know where to trust reviews and where not...

but i love looking back to the gig. and the humppa pit hahahaha XD sweet memories :D