21st Century Maiden!

im a bit sceptic bout the forthcoming album. BNW was okay but well, itll never be as good as it was in the past (before NPFTD) Not that they began to make bad music but its not as sublime anymore. From all the 90'salbums The Xfactor was best imo. because it has an atmosphere that was never created before by maiden. and if bruce was doing the vocals on that one the darkness would have been spoiled i guess.

Im being optimistic
wink.gif

I loved BNW and am very much anticipating the new one, but what I really want to hear more of is Brucie's solo shit. TCW is one of my favorite albums, and the 2 tracks on his 'best of' just fucking awesome. Just feels fresher, I guess....certainly heavier :).

BNW was good, not great, at least in terms of Iron Maiden standards. IMO their last "great" album was Seventh Son. However, BNW is probably the best since that one, so it's a sign that their back on track...I'll be ready to pick up the new one as soon as it comes out.

Does anyone know if there is a release date or a title set yet?

I hope Maiden gets more heavier than before. I'd like to see some high distortions on their guitars.
I'd like to listen to a Maiden album as heavy as Judas Priest's Painkiller or Jugulator!!
However Maiden with Bruce Dickinson is the best band ever.

Pffff. Every band is declaring theyre gettin heavier. It sounds gay to me. like metallica and limp bizkit: 'hey the next one will be the heaviest thing we ever made'
Gimme a break. metallica lost it long ago and limp bizkit gettin heavy, haha

They got metalheads in Tinidad? Way cool!

I'm also optimistic about the new album. I think BNW is a stonking album and a progression in that direction is really promising. They didn't use three guitars as well as they could've on BNw, methinks, so there's a helluva lot of potential on this new one!

Ayeka said:
They got metalheads in Tinidad? Way cool!

I'm also optimistic about the new album. I think BNW is a stonking album and a progression in that direction is really promising. They didn't use three guitars as well as they could've on BNw, methinks, so there's a helluva lot of potential on this new one!

yep there are lots of metalheads in trinidad...or wait lemme check again...most of them are really a fake and just like the image...anyhow up the irons!

I liked BNW, granted it wasnt as good as seventh son, but still it was brilliant and was quite a new direction, my gut feelin tells me the new album is guna b fucking AWESOME from reading the studio reports and stuff, cant wait for it.

Oh yer release date by my reckoning will be early May cuz the tour starts mid may and im seein them may 31st, the album WILL be out by then