24 people died last night in a car crash in Finland

Well, a lack of empathy is a big problem actually. Serial killers, murderers and the like generally have no sense of empathy and are extremely narcissistic, as are alot of people who have dysfunctional roles in society. The ability to identify with basic, common human emotions, especially death is pretty vital. I'm not quite so relativistic myself, I know that minds develop different ways, because obviously this guy in California who just killed those 9 women and children and was engaged in incest and whatever else did not develop the same way that I did, but I have no problem saying he's wrong, what he did was evil, and that he's gotta go - bye fella! I don't think along the lines of everyone being a total victim of the environment that 'we as society' have put them in and that we need to understand these people who are murderers, terrorists, what have you. If these people either could see or allowed themselves to see at some point the consequences of their actions on the lives of others, and empathize with it, then they would probably not have gone down the twisted road they went down, and would have been different people.

I believe in the end we are products of our choices more than anything else, and in society being able to emotionally be in someone else's shoes helps you make the right choices for yourself, others, and the world around you. And you can't deny that the morbidity of alot of this type of music has the effect on some impressionable people, especially young people, that life has less meaning, or at least that they want people to think that life has less meaning to them by the callous way they choose to react to situations like death, and that is just childish to me. A lack of real empathy, whether the product of continued muting, numbing, or rationalization is detrimental. In the more extreme personal cases, it turns into psychotic narcissism and you get Ted Bundy types who only view the world around them in terms of their own immediate desires and indulgences, and never understand or care what it does to other people.

well, despite a general agreement on the attitude of your average serial killer, i don't see a reason for linking such a widespread and harmless distance from tragic events that do not concern us closely with extreme deviant behaviour. not to mention that an excess of empathy often results in depression, self-deprecation and masochistic feelings. in much the same way as i wouldn't want to relate people getting teary-eyed because of the aforementioned car crash with such extremes, i wouldn't want to relate those who are unaffected with apathy and lack of morals.

Wandrail, I must have clicked "edit" instead of "reply" :(

Didn't mean to edit what you had said :bah:

My apologies :erk:

...Hahaha, its alright Xeno, no harm no foul. However, I'm not writing all that shit back out. :lol:

They only have themselves to blame. Everyone knows the dangers of driving and how many car accidents there are each day.

gee thanks Profanity2, this discussion was getting too intelligent and interesting, im glad you put it right back on a typical off/topic track :rolleyes:

I bit on Car accidents
". . .on the other hand, if i should be out, driving around looking for a little fun. . .and I see an accident, (one that im not involved in), I stop immediately. im never too busy that i cant stop to look at accidents. Im looking for a neck sticking out of a gas tank. If I take the time to look. . .I expect a couple of fucking laughs. But police dont like that, they say your are rubbernecking. . .hmm nevermind that shit. . .I wanna take a look. And if i happen to be in a position that i cant quite see whats going on, can't get a good enough look. . .im not the least bit shy about asking the police to bring the bodies over a little closer to the car. "pardon me officer, whould you mind dragging that twisted looking chap a little closer to the car, my wife has never seen anyone shaped quite like that. 'Look at the sugarlips, thats his ribcase sticking out of the glove compartment. that will be all officer, you cant throw him back on the pile. . .' And off i go driving down the highway looking for a little fun. . .perhaps a tanker truck filled with human waste will explode in front of the Pokemon factory. . ."

(not how i really feel, just thought it might apply)

but yeah. . .sucky. . .not good poor doods and doodettes :(

shitthread.gif

I hope that these ppls familys will be ok shit happens all the time in the world... and it sux but life goes on.... I hope that they will pull together in their time of need

prepuce said:
They could have been killed in an avalanche as well.

And you could also die from idicoy, stupid fuck.

That is really too bad, it's never good to hear about anyone dying, much less in such a mass, and horrific manner... I hope for the best forthe ones they left behind

It was just confirmed by a friend that one of our metal club's founder member died in the accident. :(
Not that it is anything relevant or interesting news for you people but it really made me sad even if I didn't know her well. Just remember talking to her couple of times and she was really nice and friendly person to everyone.

Lolita Vampiriá said:
The travelers were young people on their way to skiing in Lapland.

Spike said:
Don't shoot me for this... but do you know where they were going to? :erk:

I´m gonna shoot you now..

VITUN URPO! :heh: :lol:

Come on... humour has no place in here really.

When I think about the girl who died, who I knew, I felt so sorry for her parents... and she was their only child. :(

well for those of you who weren't paying attention, I was actually asking where they were going (SPECIFICALLY) cos if there's still any skiing going on when I arrive mid-april, I was going to go up skiing for a couple of weeks. But since I don't know a single 'ski town' or whatever you wanna call it up there, and can't really figure out what I'm doing till I rock up in Helsinki, I was fishing for a suggestion (ie: a name of the town/ski field they were going to) and THAT'S why I asked... and that's why I said I'm sorry, it comes across as rather impersonal when a group of people die and I'm sitting here asking for travel tips by enquiring as to the deceased's destination. :erk:

All that said though, in case I haven't mentioned it already, I have sympathy for those that were lost in the bus crash and all their friends and families. :cry: