25th anniversary of metal made in Québec

LivingCadaver

Cause à effet.
Apr 27, 2006
Montréal, Qc, Canada
this show will be a reunion of 8 broke up band of Québec from the 80s and 90s and will show some promising new talent on the 2007 night (with ex-gorguts (Negativa) and ex-Neuraxis members playing in their new bands (Eudoxa and Empathy Denied))

80s night (sept 1st) @ Club Soda in Montréal:
tribute to Piggy w/Voivod members snd guest guitarists
DBC
Soothsayer
Damnation
the Affected

l_b16ac3b2581c615da632481118a9f4cd.jpg

:kickass: :headbang: :Smokin:

How come Sword isn't listed on that poster?

You're totally right. It's too concentrated in the aggressive thrashy/speed style. I'd have hoped to see a Sword reunion, or a Deaf Dealer reunion for an event like this, who were 2 of the best Quebec HM bands of the 80s. At least a couple classic heavy metal bands.

You're totally right. It's too concentrated in the aggressive thrashy/speed style. I'd have hoped to see a Sword reunion, or a Deaf Dealer reunion for an event like this, who were 2 of the best Quebec HM bands of the 80s. At least a couple classic heavy metal bands.

No wonder Forgotten Tales is not listed :D

Yeah, I completely agree. Could you imagine a reunion for both bands together at one show? I'd make the 10 hour drive to Quebec just to see that!

Supposedly about a year or two ago Sword was supposed to have a reunion and possibly a new record but I don't think anything has become of it.

Yeah, I completely agree. Could you imagine a reunion for both bands together at one show? I'd make the 10 hour drive to Quebec just to see that!

Supposedly about a year or two ago Sword was supposed to have a reunion and possibly a new record but I don't think anything has become of it.

Well, Rick Hughes (Sword singer) is not too much into the metal field anymore, that's maybe the reason. He released a French album last year I think (I haven't heard it, but I'm sure it's not heavy). Also, he's a chorist in a bad karaoke TV program over here...So, I'm sadly not holding my breath about a Sword reunion...

Interesting... Just a quick question: Do any of the bands mentioned in the poster sing in french?

not the 80s thrash bands. Damnation has like a song in french it's called "le ptit poisson" which has been covered by the pnuk/metal band BARF in the 90s.

Obliveon sings in french (tech/thrash) and Démence (death/thrash) does. Agony has 1 french song "obsédé".

There's a thrash band still playing in Québec that sing in french/spanish/italian/english, they are called Anonymus. They aren't on that show because they do shows regularly.

^Quick bit o research shows they reformed last year to do a few home town gigs obviously they're still going locally.