2nd, but Most important Uxfest Thread!!

MattBlack

Mr. Nasty
Dec 16, 2001
The 7th Cornice
www.area54.co.uk
Just kidding, Ian... :)

Guys* - get your asses down to Uxbridge this weekend. This could well be the last gig Area54 do, largely featuring the No Visible Scars material.

Okay - I'm guessing, but 'cmon! - It could be!

So for loadsa bands, and to see Area 54 still playing mostly from their debut album, go!

Go! Goddamn it, Go!!!

*Guys in the general non gender particular way, naturally

lol - nah you're right Matt, yours is more relevant (sp?) and lets hope loads of people go! Unfortunately I will not be there as I haven't got enough money, but I hope all you guys and the band have a great time and kick up some more 54 interest!

\m/ Hopefully see you all soon, probs at Bloodstock as I'm definitely going to that! \m/

Same as Ian here, due to (stupid goddam uni ill kick there mofo asses) money problems i cant be there.... shame as i was enjoying the thought of coming london again, last time was a larf.

I was going to go but one of my mates rather selfishly decided to be born on that day many years ago. BASTARD!!!!

Best of luck to the band (and merch guy Matt) though. Have to wait until after the record's done.

Hey - those who did not make it missed something really cool.

The gig was to raise funds for the Starlight childrens charity, and as such, there was no alcohol available from the venue. I'm not sure you were meant to bring it in either, but most people were walking around with a can of specialbrew in their hands...

The day started off badly, as we arrived (by we, I mean the band, and myself, the hanger-on), and were presented with a greeting note that explained that not a single staff member had organised a gig before ever. Add to that, the fact that most of the Uxfest Staff were about 17 years old, it gave us all a bad feeling...

However, the whole event turned out to be a great success - it was very fun for everyone there, and it went off with hardly a hitch. At the end of the day, however, the only drunkards were the 17 year old girls who were meant to be running the show.

Area 54 attracted loads of attention, as usual, and played a great set, with only the usual amount of technical difficulties...
The stage was a Lorry trailer with an open side, and the venue was a large open air carpark.

Honestly - it sounds a bit odd, but the whole thing was great fun.

Open air, lorry trailers.. sounds like Bulldog last year :lol:

Sounds like yer had a laugh, glad it went well & ya enjoyed.

Now just gotta wait for the new album.

..... *twitches*..... cmon.... :lol:

monkeyface.jpg

monkeyface!

that guys posted his pic on every bb he thinks its funny he looks like pob that thing that use to spray furniture polish out of it mouth on the tv screen and then write his name on it