2ND RECOMENDATION VERY IMPORTANT: Stormwarrior - Stormwarrior

Surprised so many here people like this. You'll be happy to know there's a whole boatload of bands out there doing power metal. It's quite the saturated genre don't you know.

There really isn't much music in this genre, with this sound. Sorry to say. Name bands that compare excluding old helloween, blind guardian, and JP - Painkiller.

It is really a fucking killer band.

Painkiller? Not sure about that.

However, there's a bunch: Grave Digger, Rage, Lost Horizon (debut album is UTTERLY godly), Attacker...etc, and then there's a whole host of bands that border on the true/epic style (bringing in the manowar influence) like Battleroar, Manilla Road, Airghed L'amh, etc.

It's all "heavy metal". :kickass:

Don't get me wrong -- I like Stormwarrior, I'm just surprised that other people around here like it too.

JayKeeley said:
Painkiller? Not sure about that.

However, there's a bunch: Grave Digger, Rage, Lost Horizon (debut album is UTTERLY godly), Attacker...etc, and then there's a whole host of bands that border on the true/epic style (bringing in the manowar influence) like Battleroar, Manilla Road, Airghed L'amh, etc.

It's all "heavy metal". :kickass:

Don't get me wrong -- I like Stormwarrior, I'm just surprised that other people around here like it too.

They really really really stand out from all those bands, though. They may not be original, but they are unique.