RECOMENDATION: MAMMATUS - S/T...Stoner/Psychedelic (that one with the awesome cover)

saw these guys last night at some abandoned cafe in San Gregorio* right by the beach. id say around 30-35 people there, but the place was full. they cranked up the smoke machine and turned off all the lights except for one that made all these crazy beam and color patterns and their flashlight-sunglasses. the smoke patterns in the light and intimate room made for a really tripped out atmosphere, and even though i didnt eat those hits because of timing concerns, i was stoned off my ass on hash and i was feeling heavy psychedelic vibes. they played 4 brand new songs totaling around 50 minutes, and if this is the new album i dont think anyone will be disappointed. after the show we went to the beach and found this awesome cave to get out of the wind and smoke a few bowls and enjoy the ocean and moon. OMG GAYMAZING show and all around great night.

2336073246_2f24b60d7a.jpg

*from their myspace:
a rolling valley tucked amongst the sprawling bluffs of highway 1, a place with history oozing out of the walls, dark nights, bright mornings and baby chickens. see music in a part of history. in the mid to late 1800’s, san gregorio was the main stop on the tourist circuit between san francisco and santa cruz, and this property was the hotel that housed the stagecoach travelers. the cafe was built in 1875ish, and sounds like wooden.

saw these guys last night at some abandoned cafe in San Gregorio* right by the beach. id say around 30-35 people there, but the place was full. they cranked up the smoke machine and turned off all the lights except for one that made all these crazy beam and color patterns and their flashlight-sunglasses. the smoke patterns in the light and intimate room made for a really tripped out atmosphere, and even though i didnt eat those hits because of timing concerns, i was stoned off my ass on hash and i was feeling heavy psychedelic vibes. they played 4 brand new songs totaling around 50 minutes, and if this is the new album i dont think anyone will be disappointed. after the show we went to the beach and found this awesome cave to get out of the wind and smoke a few bowls and enjoy the ocean and moon. OMG GAYMAZING show and all around great night.

2336073246_2f24b60d7a.jpg

*from their myspace:
a rolling valley tucked amongst the sprawling bluffs of highway 1, a place with history oozing out of the walls, dark nights, bright mornings and baby chickens. see music in a part of history. in the mid to late 1800’s, san gregorio was the main stop on the tourist circuit between san francisco and santa cruz, and this property was the hotel that housed the stagecoach travelers. the cafe was built in 1875ish, and sounds like wooden.

you told me they said NO MORE WIZARDS

that shirt clearly has a wizard

no more wizards ON STAGE

and BY THE WAY just becuase he is an old man with a righteous beard and staff doesnt necessarily mean he's a WIZARD, perhaps he's just an alchemist, or a chemically inclined hermit.

Best. Argument. Ever.

Also I really think I should travel northbound for a future Mammatus show. Sounds like a corking good time. I should probably practice smoking weed a few days prior though, it has been years since I have done such an illegal activity and if I happen to meet neal, I totally want to impress him.

pretty sure id be impressed either way, as i would be fulfilling the boyhood dream of all RC school children: hanging out with NAD Himself!

but yeh you should come out! they tour around with people like Acid Mothers Temple as openers sometimes (also seen em open for OM), but the smaller local headlining shows feel more special (and have a longer set). are you still in LA area or central CA? at one point you were talking about moving right? i remember you didnt come as far north as Davis/Sac right? either way, i recommend anyone within reasonable distance to come see them rocking some tiny venue.

I'm due east of LA, closer to the mountains these days but still just as far away from up north. I was supposed to move to Sacto but I quit the job before I got transferred. Now I live in SoCal's answer to Utah, but for 7th Day Advenshits instead of Morons!

I'm on their MySpork thingy and get the tour updates, I'll keep you posted if/when I'm able to wander to a show.
:lol: you'll impress him more by being a goddamn lightweight who is hilarious to watch as he proceeds to act like a fucking mor(m)on
Good, because that is how I act when I'm stoned. :loco:

neal, you just reminded me that i missed Acid Mothers Temple in Toronto last year and possibly again this year! Fuck!

edit: no i didn't! they're playing here in 10 days. thanks for reminding me! :kickass:

:kickass: but you missed Mammatus with them in Toronto last year :(

oooo Mammatus/Acid Mothers Temple april 8th in San Francisco. rock.

i dont even know what a 7th day adventist is! :confused: