3 INCHES OF BLOOD Fires Drummer Following SAXON Fight

Dec 3, 2004
Arizona, USA
www.ryanseek.com
According to Classic Rock magazine, Canadian metallers 3 INCHES OF BLOOD have issued the following apology to SAXON (and specifically their drummer Nigel Glockler, who ended up with broken specs and a black eye) following the bust-up at the Hard Rock Hell festival in the UK over the weekend:

"Dear Nigel and SAXON,

"On behalf of all the members of 3 INCHES OF BLOOD we would like to express the utmost regret and sincere apology regarding the actions of our drummer, Alexei Rodriguez, that occurred in Minehead in the early hours of November 10.

"In no way were Alexei's actions a reflection of our band. Needless to say we were completely shocked and horrified to learn about these events and are grateful that SAXON was still able to perform. We have complete respect for SAXON as a band and as individuals and would never want anyone's livelihood as a musician to be jeopardized for any reason.

"Alexei's behaviour was appalling and completely unacceptable and it is our decision to immediately remove him from the band. We would like to attempt to repair the damage that has been caused and hope that you will not think of 3 INCHES OF BLOOD as a band that habitually acts in such inappropriate ways.

"Thank you for taking the time to read this and continuing to make great music.

"Sincerely,

"Cam Pipes, Justin Hagberg, Shane Clark, Nick Cates and Jamie Hooper of 3 INCHES OF BLOOD"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=84676

Unbelievable! Picking a fight with Nigel Glocker, what was in that guy's mind? (or running through his veins). I must say that 3" acted with class apologizing and taking measures about it. Respect your elders!

Unbelievable! Picking a fight with Nigel Glocker, what was in that guy's mind? (or running through his veins). I must say that 3" acted with class apologizing and taking measures about it. Respect your elders!

Agreed. I thought it odd when it was announced, the pairing of 3" and Saxon, because they are on opposite sides of the scale. Putting together young "entitled" bands like 3" and old classic metal (Saxon in this case) seems a volatile mix to me...kids don't respect their elders and long grueling tours together are going to bring out the worst in people. Obviously, in this case, whatever the disagreement, a kid disrespected one of metal's classic drummers and got a pink slip for his trouble.

Kudos to the band for firing the guy immediately. Maybe he'll learn his lesson and have more respect as he matures.

Well done to 3" for immediately addressing the situation in the perfect manner. Lets hope Alex learns this lesson well.

When someone does something this stupid, my curiosity always makes me want to hear them try to explain why they thought it was a good idea. I want to hear this guy explain why he thought it was a good idea to give a beatdown to the drummer of a legendary band. Is he just a complete idiot? Was he drunk? I am just curious as to what lead to this.

Here it is the official statement Nigel Glockler issued two days ago.

SAXON drummer Nigel Glockler has released a statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding the alleged "vicious attack" at the hands of 3 INCHES OF BLOOD drummer Alexei Rodriguez which reportedly left Glockler with broken glasses and a black eye.

Said Nigel: "Having read all the comments about the fracas at [this past weekend's Hard Rock Hell festival in] Minehead [UK] on Classic Rock and Blabbermouth, I thought it was about time to set the record straight and to nip the 'Chinese whispers' in the bud, once and for all!

"There was no party, no-one was hitting on anyone, it was a totally unprovoked and vicious attack on me in the doorway of the apartment as I opened the door to the guy who was obviously out of it and was trying to bust said door down — for what reason, I have no idea. I wanted to ask him what his problem was and he just smashed me in the face and dragged me out onto the entrance balcony with such force that I went flying into the railings, hoping that they wouldn't give way and send me over the edge. As I went to get up, he punched me some more and then proceeded to to kick me in the face, head and body as I lay on the floor — then he ran off as the security guys arrived, and that was it, pure and simple.

"3 INCHES OF BLOOD have issued an apology, which I accept, although I don't hold them in any way responsible, but thanks anyway, guys!

"If Alexei wants to apologize personally to me, then fine.

"So that's it. Let's have an end to all this now. I've put it behind me so no more discussion on the subject — case closed!"

When someone does something this stupid, my curiosity always makes me want to hear them try to explain why they thought it was a good idea. I want to hear this guy explain why he thought it was a good idea to give a beatdown to the drummer of a legendary band. Is he just a complete idiot? Was he drunk? I am just curious as to what lead to this.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. From what Nigel said I would think there must have been something more to it. What, so did he just open the door on the 3' guy & he put the beat down on him for that?? He must have been completely fucked up & out of his mind.