4/5/1994

svelte

Kestrel-chakat.gif

Funny, I was thinking about him recently because I've been listening to "Purgatory Afterglow" non-stop and that album is dedicated to his memory... The only thing I clearly remember from that time is the alarming number of school-desk graffitis related to his Kurt's death. And that I bought "Nevermind" the day I first skipped class! Yup, I was a b'dass.

i remember this super interesting and sweet guy—name of scott, a photography major (this was college), soft-spoken, nearly white-cap looking but with a dark look in his eyes, getting married to a hippy-ish girl from syracuse, confusing one of his classes with an entire presentation/multiple depictions of a lamp with an ape for a base (classmate: "is this a comment on humanity's absurdity?" him: "nah, it's a tribute to planet of the apes")(before anyone gave a shit about POTA, of course )— telling me on something like 4/6/04 that a newscaster from CNN kept repeating "singer for the band NERR-VAN-AH". "it's not like the word wasn't already in the english language." scott sounded so defeated and sickened by that whole incident, i can't ever forget that.