40 Watt Sun

insidethefall

somewhere nowhere
Jan 26, 2003
pittsburgh, pa
Visit site
If you like Warning "Watching from a distance" this is pat walker (and the drummer's) new band. It's very similiar to Warning, but the songs sound a bit different this time around...I think Katatonia fans would dig the melancholic without being melodramatic vibe

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IEvmtSxfuI&feature=related[/ame]

Dunno about Warning, but this sounds cool. The voice is suprisingly warm (for the genre) and the ending was a really nice touch. :)

Dunno about Warning, but this sounds cool. The voice is suprisingly warm (for the genre) and the ending was a really nice touch. :)

Thanks for commenting; if you like this check out Warning also, very similiar. I'm surprised this post didn't cause a bigger reaction, seeing how Warning is considered (by doom fans) as releasing possibly the best Doom metal release of the last decade. oh well :err:

Such a great band, and so was Warning. My only minor complaint with 40 Watt Sun is I wish there was a bit more variation in the songs...but the repetitive nature of the songs do give off a cool vibe so it's not really a negative.

Such a great band, and so was Warning. My only minor complaint with 40 Watt Sun is I wish there was a bit more variation in the songs...but the repetitive nature of the songs do give off a cool vibe so it's not really a negative.

I can see your point, however the variety from song to song on the album is a strong point and also the drumming is a lot more colourful than Warning. The only track I don't like is the third one, but I believe it's the shortest on there...otherwise a masterpiece.

If you like Warning "Watching from a distance" this is pat walker (and the drummer's) new band. It's very similiar to Warning, but the songs sound a bit different this time around...I think Katatonia fans would dig the melancholic without being melodramatic vibe

Loving this album!