48.000Khz 24 bit?

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
I assume as you're recording to ADAT that you record in either 44100 or 48000Hz in 24 bits. Do you mix in Protools or are you just using it for mastring. And when mastring and such do you convert the mix to 88200/96000Hz or something for better high-frequency response or do you keep them 44100/48000? Also what mastering-tools are you using and could you give me an example of what you do with an mix when mastering, sort like a step by step guide?

I like your work very much and I think Testament - The Gathering is your best work... Do you have a personal fave-record as reference yourself?

Have a good day!
Goddamn

SneapC4.gif

I assume as you're recording to ADAT that you record in either 44100 or 48000Hz in 24 bits. Do you mix in Protools or are you just using it for mastring.

from my limited experience, in pro audio (unless the guy who records is a fucking snob :devil:) 48khz is usually used only when working with video because the main endformat (DVD) uses it, otherwise just use 44.1khz for audio, because the main endformat (CD) uses it.