4x12 Rectifier® Standard Straight Guitar Cabinet

IMG_2216.jpg

That'd be the smartest thing to do I'd say, and I'd LOVE to hear comparison clips between front- and rear-mounting the speakers when it's done! (just make sure they're all front- or all rear-mounted of course :D)

I changed my cabs from front loaded to rear loaded by reversing the T nuts...Best move I could have made for these cabs. I liked them before, now I like them even more.

Front mounted seems a bit more directional, slightly thinner/tighter I suppose. Rear mounted seems bigger, more room filling (better dispersion).

Probably all placebo, but I noticed a change that seemed pretty obvious when I did it.

I changed my cabs from front loaded to rear loaded by reversing the T nuts...Best move I could have made for these cabs. I liked them before, now I like them even more.

Front mounted seems a bit more directional, slightly thinner/tighter I suppose. Rear mounted seems bigger, more room filling (better dispersion).

Probably all placebo, but I noticed a change that seemed pretty obvious when I did it.
I wonder of it matters when your close micing?

If a speaker is rearloaded, you automatically have the mic a couple of centimeters further away from the speaker ...