5150II 6505+ controlled via midi ????

Rusty123

Feb 2, 2007
UK
Hi Everyone,

I have recently downsized my rig from a very large pedal board system to a rack effects unit with a 6505+ amp half stack.

I want to be able to control my amps channels and effect presets via midi and am not sure how to go about this.

My effects rack and board are the Digitech GSP1101 and Control 2, there ia a midi out and thru from the GSP1101.

I am based in the UK so want to find something that can be purchase here if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply.

I have already looked at the Nobels MS4, i have contacted them but they were not very helpful; and I am not sure what I should be looking for to be honest.

The 6505+ has a 7 pin Din connection for channel switching and effects loop control, I know that its not midi so I would need a cable with a 7 pin Din plug one side and the appropriate connections the other.

However I can not find these anywhere in the UK but there must be somewhere, right????

Any suggestions?

i know the guys from sikth have something...
and one of those guys uses/used a 5150 II

You're going to need a custom cable.
I used to have a Peavey Ultra Plus that i controlled via a Multivalve, and the other guitarist in my band has a 5150 II and controls it with a G-Major, and we both had custom cables made, PLUS both those fx units have amp channel switching systems, so it was fairly simple.
Also check these guys , excellent products, very helpful.

Thanks for replies, I have just contacted Advance Tube Technology.:headbang:

I will see what they have to say.

Can anyone suggest anything else to look at, there must be a few different companies supplying similar items in the UK or EU.