6 New Reviews Uploaded !

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
OK, review index is yet to be updated, but you'll find these reviews in our A-Z directory...

A PERFECT CIRCLE - Thirteenth Step
DEAD SOUL TRIBE - A Murder of Crows
LENG TCH'E - ManMadePredator
GORGOROTH - Twilight of the Idols (in Conspiracy with Satan)
RAKOTH - Planeshift
RAKOTH - Tiny Deaths

Enjoy.

:Spin:

That one Rakoth album sounds awesome, that big stinky doody one sounds well... yep.
“fevered” basically sounds like someone moaning in the shower
Awesome. :lol:
I hate it when excessive use of effects ruin things. Less is more.
Preach it, Brother Erik.

That album opens with "Yo! She-bitch!...let's go" and then a blast beat kicks off. Makes me go like this: :kickass:

"Well hellooooo Mr. Fancypants"

"Nadu...Farata...*fridlrdkls*...... well, that's it!"
(I'm sure I typed this one wrong)

Also the speech from De Jesus in Big Lebowski. Funny stuff.

NAD said:
"Nadu...Farata...*fridlrdkls*...... well, that's it!"
(I'm sure I typed this one wrong)
Haha...Klaatu Baratu Niktu...I used that in my Diabolical Masquerade review:

...an audio companion to a screenplay that doesn’t yet exist just because it would fall somewhere between the spontaneous “lets make this up as we go along” mayhem of Ed Wood’s Plan 9 from Outer Space and a constant arse-raping sequence from an overly possessive tree in Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead.

Hehehehe...I'm gonna listen to that tonight, and maybe some Mortician.

Fuck me I wish I had them Evil Dead movies still... lent them to a buddy that never lends things back. :erk:

Let's read the Gorgoroth one then ...
While the vocals disappoint, the music isn't half bad.
[no comment] espescially when the guy notices himself it's the first Gorgoroth album he gets (arg!), and that is not an exciting album (since when primitive BM has to be 'exciting' ???)

OK, review index is yet to be updated, but you'll find these reviews in our A-Z directory...Enjoy.
well, seems you guys enjoy a way more sometimes ...

JayKeeley said:
By the way, if you're in the least bit intrigued with this, I would highly recommend you check out some Summoning too.

Rakoth is indeed intriguing...I've had Planeshift for about a year now (just wanted to see if our opinions correlate :cool: ) and while it's hardly been in my stereo one has to give it credit for originality...and making my mate's dad piss his pants laughing :D I take it Summoning is a very similar musical vein?

[no comment] espescially when the guy notices himself it's the first Gorgoroth album he gets (arg!), and that is not an exciting album (since when primitive BM has to be 'exciting' ???)
Au contraire, music so simple as "primitive BM" has to be rather interesting, if you prefer that term, to, well, interest me, since the genre has been done and done again to death. Either way, I don't really consider this Gorgoroth album to be "primitive BM." There's technical riffs and DM influence and flashy production and shit.

Demonspell said:
Summoning is a bit different musically, their songs have a more orchestral feel and epic sweep to them, their music always conjures images of orcs on the warpath in my mind...
Correct - those moments on Rakoth that lean towards a 'majestic' feel are what Summoning do for a living. If you like those moments (as witnessed in "Mountain God" for example), then you should love Summoning.

Ask Dreamlord for Summoning hints and tips. I'm a fan, and would tell you to start with Dol Guldur, but he's a connoisseur and might have a different opinion (If I guess right, I think he'll say Minas Morgul).