18 New Reviews: Zyklon, Opeth, Watchmaker, and more

I do my fare share of spreading the word, but I hate it when people bomb a forum without an "in," so to speak.

They are known though, I've even seen a handful of people around UM that know them. Not bad for dudes that have only toured within a 300 mile radius of San Francisco (to my knowledge anyhow).

NAD said:
I do my fare share of spreading the word, but I hate it when people bomb a forum without an "in," so to speak.
Yeah I was semi-joking about spamming, but without having heard the band, I'll take your word for the fact that they've been doing this way before ED. It's always nice to see some justice in the world.

And regarding the heaps of promotion that ED received, well, this just re-emphasizes the fact that the music industry (at all ends of the spectrum) is simply a business.

I've said it before, there must be hundreds of bands out there that will destroy us where we stand - we just haven't come across them yet. Oh the addiction that metal has become...will this madness ever end??

I still have no idea where there Nuclear Rabbit / Ephel Duath comparisons are coming from. I even downloaded a bunch of new Rabbit songs (the last stuff I heard from them was a demo tape YEARS ago when they basically sounded like a more extreme RHChili Peppers) and I really just don't see it. Davide Tiso from ED had never heard of 'em either until I mentioned them a couple of months back...

Just my 10 cents. I find it a little strange, that's all :)

Well I've always said Ephel Duath reminds me of Nuclear Rabbit, not sure how far my opinion gets spread though. :) They are not identical, and Ephel Duath didn't rip them off, but to me there is a definite connection. While Ephel Duath explores more jazz / prog elements, Nuclear Rabbit is more toward metal and maybe punk. Both are good though, but I do find ED a little overrated, because only 2 songs really blow me away from the Painter's Palette, the others are just pretty good.

Dreamlord loves telling Opeth fanboys that Mikael raps on that song. :lol: