6505+ power problem

jkkkjkhk

New Metal Member
Oct 20, 2011
So I'm having some trouble with my 6505+. I normally play it every day at like .1 volume. Never had a problem with it before but 2 days ago it wouldn't turn on. No sound, no noise, no light, nothing. I tried my egnater and had the same problem so I figured it was the outlet. Tried another outlet and the egnater worked, since I figured it was the outlet I didn't retry the 6505. Yesterday I brought both the a friends house to record and again the 6505 didn't work. I got light from the switches but that's it. I checked the fuse and it was fine.
So today I tried it again, still no luck. I pulled the power tubes and put them in pairs, and in no configuration did it work. The preamp tubes are all lit, the internal fuses are all lit, the switch lights are on, the tubes aren't blown, and they're all seated correctly. I started looking around for loose wires, bad joints, open caps... and I found this:

IMG_20120223_174947.jpg

IMG_20120223_174936.jpg

IMG_20120223_174922.jpg

Not sure what happened here but it looks like a burn on this connector. The amp sits on top of a cab, never going to even 1 in volume, never unplugged from a cab, and no bad smells from it. It went from working fine one day to not working at all the very next day. Anyone else ever seen this problem before?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Take it to a tech, really is the best option. If that molex is far gone enough, it'll need to be replaced along with whatever is causing the overheat in the first place.

Thanks, I'll look for a tech around here. Sucks cause I'm not really even wanting the amp anymore, so I didn't want to have to put money into it. Hopefully nothing big.