6505 with line 6 cab

nosferatuzodd

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2010
www.facebook.com
I currently own a line 6 spider 2 150 watt head with a line 6 4x12 cab. After playing on someone else's peavey 5150 I wanted to immediately sell my line 6 and get the 6505 (since the 5150 is now the 6505). I was wondering has anyone out there has ever used a 6505 or 5150 with a line 6 cab? I'd rather not have to get a new cab, but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced issues or disappointments using a 6505 with a line 6 cab.

Getting the 5150/6505 is the first big step to getting better tone either way, because it's definitely better than any Line 6 head. I do recommend getting a different cab down the track as the Line 6 cabs won't do the peavey justice. It's not that they won't sound good, it's just that it won't sound uber.

I'm using a Marshall JCM900A Lead 4x12 with my 6505+(I know it's slightly different) and it sounds phenomenal, but I suffer from GAS, so I feel like I should get a Mesa or Framus Dragon cab. :p

The 5150+Line 6 Cab combo can work quite well, seriously.
If money is not an issue I would strongly recommend a Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12 oversized cab though

I take it you don't have the Line 6 Spider Valve cab? That would work pretty well with the 6505, although its low end is kind of sloppy. That's just the cab, though.

In my travels, 6505's sound amazing with their own matching cab, the JSX cab, practically any full-size Marshall cab (no MG, M or AVT series cabs), or just about any quality cab with Vintage 30 speakers.

And when you do get your 6505, pick up a BBE Sonic Stomp pedal (or the 482i if you're you're into rack gear) and put it in the effects loop. You'll wonder why you didn't pick it up sooner. ;)