6FU "Bringer of Blood"

mAsk said:
All,

OK, I have heard a lot of feedback on the latest from Six Feet Under....A good portion of which being negative. Personally, I loved it. I am a huge Six Feet Under Band....and I think Bringer of Blood is great. I know a lot of people are turned off by 6FU because of lack of speed, and lack of technicality...but that is exactly what draws me to the band. Just curious if there were more people who feel the same way I do or not?!? I cant be the only one who thinks the CD is great.

mAsk

Not just the lack of speed, SFU can be fast at times. Lack of technicality maybe, but lets face it... 99% of metal isn't that technical. I have a couple SFU CDs and don't really like either of them very much. If what you mean by not technical is that the arrangements are too simple, then I guess I see your point.

Case in example, I put in a CD and they start playing and its a pretty cool riff I admit. Then it keeps on, and keeps, on and on and on and on... I'm waiting for it to change or something and it never seems to. SFU will play the same three riffs for the whole song, where Cannibal Corpse will play thirty or forty riffs per song, and slam you with a killer new riff every eight bars or so.

Its not that the riffs are really more complicated, but there are more of them, the tempo changes, rhythm changes, just makes for a heavier song. Not to mention Corpsegrinder is way better than Barnes is now days, ( but thats really another story ).

I'll always love Chris's older stuff, especially "Tomb Of The Mutilated" and "The Bleeding", but I just really can't get in to SFU. It just kind of sucks compared to all kinds of music thats better...

Funeral Portrait said:
Anyways, if you think Mortician are "BAD ASS" then you have a really shitty taste in death metal. Haver you EVER heard of Decapitated, Dying Fetus, Cryptopsy, Origin, Vader, or any other great death metal bands???
:err: So, were you gonna tell us about any good DM bands that you listen to, or were you just gonna name-drop a few more overrated, trendy broodle/tech death bands and leave it at that?

"Wow I can wank 10 notes a second on my guitar, so instead of actually writing good songs I'll just twiddle lots of notes really fast and people will be so impressed they won't realise the music is boring as all fuck!"

You suck at criticising other people's tastes.

Funeral Portrait said:
actually, i can come on here and say whatever i want. do you plan on stopping me?

and uhhh....when did i say you couldnt listen to mortician, i just said they were trash.

I never said you said I couldnt listen to mortician... I said you concluded they were trash, which in my opinion they are not.

By all means post I didn't ever plan on stopping you. AS IVE SAID IN EVERY POST, I JUST DON'T THINK YOU CAN TELL OTHER PEOPLE WHAT IS GOOD AND BAD IN DEATH METAL. Mortician are clearly far less technical than most other death metal bands, and I barely listen to them anymore... this is not what the arguments about (although you think it is, for some reason :err: )... Its about biggots thinking their preferances should be everyone else's. You my friend are an autocratic ponse!!!

Sorry that this is a bit of subject guys ;)