OneMetal.com Music Editor
JhazmynesLullaby2.jpg

1 - A Farewell to a Perfect Score
2 - Someday
3 - The Commentator's Despair
4 - The Afternoon
5 - Away With Words
6 - Dandelioin
7 - Arcadia Fades (Jhazmyne's Lullaby, Part 2)
8 - Silent Deaths, Crowded Lives
9 - Jhazmyne's Lullaby

Not wanting to detract from my position as Royal Carnage's resident metalcore apologist, I offer you samples from one of the best (and most distressingly short-lived) metalcore bands that ever was, 7 Angels 7 Plagues. Hugely influential, these guys took all the elements that were to become the main focus of several contemporary bands (the dissonant minor-third skrong and harmonic chord melodies of Poison The Well, the bile and schizophrenia of Coalesce, the thundering percussion of Zao) and fused them into a cohesive and satisfying whole - a trick that no other metalcore band has managed since.

A bit too hardcore-sounding for me, especially in the vocals. Music's not bad at all - good even - but I couldn't see myself listening to these guys all that much.

10 seconds into the first song doesn't do it justice, as it gets drastically different and better. I LOVE that piano piece that closes the album.

No need for me to listen. A great, great album for those open-minded few not opposed to escaping metal and listening to a little -core.

I tried to listen to this a while back because I thought maybe I was missing something in metalcore, because of this and all the talk of Between the Buried and Me.

Listened once and realized metal and hardcore don't mix well.