A musical map of your crusty brain.

1. Blind Guardian: Nightfall in Middle Earth
that got me into Metal.
2. In Flames: The Jester Race
i do not care very much about this album anymore, but it got me into unclean vocals
3. Ulver: Bergtatt
Got me really interested in raw black metal. Great atmosphere
4. Burzum: Burzum/Aske
really special.
5. Beethoven: 5th and 6th symphony.
Got me into classical music

Teh Grimarse said:
Like... what? Shadow's Fall? Hatebreed?

A boy who likes boys. Not just as friends.

I meant more like Grindcore, old-school punk, crust etc.

Shadows Falls alright in my opinion though, but thats the only metalcore band I can stand. But not garbage like Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, or Atreyu.

Hatebreed... old Hatebreed before they sold out and wrote about White Power...sure. I like hardcore, Biohazard, Candiria, Rage Against the Machine... yeah I don't mind that stuff. I don't care if people have a problem with it, people usually give me a lot of shit for liking Cradle of Filth too, but you know what fuck them.

1. 8-10, Regular rock, like Matchbox 20 and Savage Garden
2. 11, Korn and Nu-Metal on MTV
3. 12 -14, Slipknot - Mushroomhead, - Finally Got the Internet
4. 15-16, Meshuggah, Opeth, In Flames - Gothenburg stuff - got a few websites with more metal.
5. 17,Black metal, like Darkthrone, Immortal, Dissection, Emperor
6. 18 - now, Death Metal like, Morbid Angel to Demilich to whatever i feel like listenign to

As for me I've started to listen to Limp Bizkit when I was 12, then I listened to Linkin Park but they were boring so I''ve started to listen something harder. When I was 13 Static - X were my favourite band but their "Machine" wasn't good. At the age of 14 I've started to listen to SlipknoT, till this day they are one of my favourite bands but If they will release more things like "vol.3 subliminal verses" I will start to dislike them. Nowadays I listen to black/death metal and I am proud to listen to that kind of music hehe. I've noticed that I have a different music taste then you guys, maybe because I'm only 16. Some time ago I started to listen to old things like Black Sabath or Venom. I also like DownTheSun but I haven't heard nothing new about them:( Pity, they are a good band at least that is only my opinion.

(M)aggoT said:
As for me I've started to listen to Limp Bizkit when I was 12, then I listened to Linkin Park but they were boring so I''ve started to listen something harder. When I was 13 Static - X were my favourite band but their "Machine" wasn't good. At the age of 14 I've started to listen to SlipknoT, till this day they are one of my favourite bands but If they will release more things like "vol.3 subliminal verses" I will start to dislike them. Nowadays I listen to black/death metal and I am proud to listen to that kind of music hehe. I've noticed that I have a different music taste then you guys, maby because I'm only 16. Some time ago I started to listen to old things like Black Sabath or Venom. I really like DownTheSun but I haven't heard nothing new about them:( Pity, they are a good band at least that is only my opinion.

:lol:

The albums that have opened some new doors for me (in chronological order) :

Appetite for Destruction (Guns'n'Roses)
... And Justice for all (Metallica)
The New Order (Testament)
Testimony of the Ancients (Pestilence)
Painkiller (Judas Priest)
Dusk and her Embrace (Cradle of Filth)
Masquerade Infernale (Arcturus)
Forgotten Legends (Drudkh)

7 - Stryper: Isaiah - Only "Metal" my parents let me listen to. First band I ever liked.
9 - G&R: Appetite for Destruction - This was a huge leap for me. Opened me to listening to new music.
12 - Pantera: Vulgar Display of Power - Short lived and mind-numbing, but heavier.
13 - Cannibal Corpse: Butchered at Birth - Funny at first, entrancing after a bit.
14 - Blackened 2: That's it, Black Metal 4tw.
14 - Blackened 1: Started researching what I missed. Secured my faith in metal.
15 - Emperor: Anthems - Favorite band for 9 years.
17 - Dillinger - Under The Running Board - DEP & Emperor helped me acknowledge uncomfortable music's appeal in the long run.

Nothing's hit me like those albums did anytime within the last 7 years.

^I take it weren't around when Chopstick Up The Peehole and Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract used to post.

(I just lurked back then)

It goes back like five, six years when I bought a Limp Bizkit CD and my dad made me take it back, haha. Then after that it was Linkin Park (still not into good music at that point) but then when I was 12 my friend showed me black sabbath and maiden. then it just progressed from there, but I'm still not fully into metal.

I think he knows everything except for "metalcore", which, for my money, died about 10 years ago. Integrity was the last tr00 metalcore band. Metalcore these days is just an uncreative blend of thrash, speed, and hardcore with pop-music song structures.

Allrighty, it's time for the allmighty "Good Metalcore" svperlist....

7 Angels, 7 Plagues
A Javelin Reign
A Life Once Lost
Bodies In The Gears Of The Apparatus
Botch
Breather Resist
Buried Inside
Burnt By The Sun
Coalesce
Converge
Congress
Crowpath
Curl Up And Die
Daughters
Deadguy
Dillinger Escape Plan
Ed Gein
Glass Casket
Haste
Into The Moat
Ion Dissonance
James Dean Trio
Kalibas
Knut
Maharahj
One Dead Three Wounded
Power And The Glory
Prayer For Cleansing
Premonitions Of War
Psyopus
Rune
Sulaco
The Bowels Of Judas
The Chariot
The End
The Expectorated Sequence
The Hope Conspiracy
The Hostage Heart
The Locust
The Plot To Blow Up The Eiffel Tower
The Red Chord
The Sawtooth Grin
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
Today Is The Day...

ummm....

more to come...

Teh Grimarse said:
Allrighty, it's time for the allmighty "Good Metalcore" svperlist....

7 Angels, 7 Plagues
Botch
Buried Inside
Burnt By The Sun
Coalesce
Converge
Crowpath
Dillinger Escape Plan
Ion Dissonance
Premonitions Of War
The Chariot
The End
The Locust
The Sawtooth Grin
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
Today Is The Day

Some of the others I don't care for, most of them I haven't heard, but these bands right here are pretty god damn great so I thought I would back your post up. I'm a fan of Jhazmyne's Lullaby as well. Of course for every Converge or Burnt By The Sun, we get 20 Atreyu's or As I Lay Dying's.