how have your musical tastes changed ?

Iron Maiden and Metallica. Those used to be the only bands I listened to so I got tired of them.
Also a lot of Power Metal bands like Gamma Ray, Helloween and Blind Guardian mostly cause I just can't stand clean vocals anymore. I still DO listen to them occasionally though...
I mostly listen to "Extreme" metal now.

Cradle of Filth, thought it was the craziest and weirdest thing I'd ever heard (especially at such a young age). I eventually left it behind to listen to awesome doom and death metal bands!

I just can't stand clean vocals anymore. I still DO listen to them occasionally though...

*sigh*

A sense of humour is beside the fucking point. Sending an anti gay message via your music is NOT ok.

Impaled Nazarene is obviously the most completely serious band ever and everything in their lyrics is meant to be taken completely literally with no humor whatsoever.

People who get angry at bands because of their lyrics and won't listen to them for that very reason make me lol.

Iron Maiden and Metallica. Those used to be the only bands I listened to so I got tired of them.
Also a lot of Power Metal bands like Gamma Ray, Helloween and Blind Guardian mostly cause I just can't stand clean vocals anymore. I still DO listen to them occasionally though...

fag

As of late I have been growing tired of metal in general and spending more and more time listening to Classical and Indie Rock/Pop/Folk stuff. Obviously I won't stop listening to metal (Buried Inside and The Ocean have managed to keep my interest despite my recent turn to mostly non-metal stuff) but the sheer appeal of the genre seems to have waned with me as of late.

Ah, you're one of those people...

I am sure it is just a cycle. Metal has comprised 90% of my listening time over the past 5 or so years, I am just seeing what else is out there (and frankly enjoying a lot of what I am finding).

Ah, you're one of those people...

snob1.jpg

Impaled Nazarene is obviously the most completely serious band ever and everything in their lyrics is meant to be taken completely literally with no humor whatsoever.

Whether is it humor or they are genuinely anti gay isn't important. It's still discrimination.

Let me try and find an analogy that might speak to you a little more.

How would it be if I started a feminist metal band and wrote hateful songs about castrating men?

Would you laugh?

Obviously, this isn't quite an accurate analogy as men have never actually suffered an actual period in history where they were discriminated against or oppressed because of their gender. I'm just trying to bring the point home to you.