The Initial Impressions Thread

^I will take that under advisement, thanks.

------

Paroxysm - Scars of the Art

2007, Canada

Listened like 1.37 times. This is pretty good death metal. It's the kind that is pretty standard and could easily be boring, but it's well done with some variation in the songs, so it's pretty good. I am no death metal aficionado, but I believe I hear some influence from Suffocation.

Gorelord - zombie suicide part 666

Stupid album name aside, this is very solid and enjoyable. Even more so than NCM, less core also. I'm starting to enjoy this band more and more. Straight up aggression and just fun material with an ambient track or two thrown in every once in a while.

Dead Congregation - Perennial Blasphemous Affliction

I don't like this production much compared to their other stuff, same old good riffs.

wclcw5.jpg

cocteau twins - treasure

what happens when Scottish yodelers try to make a gothic album. I haven't heard soo much experimental failure since the arcade fire's laugh of an album - funeral.

Metal Church - Blessing In Disguise
Boring and long-winded, which is too bad because many of the riffs are excellent and the vocals are awesome.

3509e09.jpg

"Neon Knights" and "Die Young" are both really strong tracks that really suit Dio's voice but not all of the songs on the album are quite as good as those two. It's definitely better than the last two albums with Ozzy but I'd say that it's overrated.

^ I agree that those two are really the only two strong cohesive songs. I like some parts (the fast part in Heaven and Hell, the groovy, psychedelic ending of Lonely is the Word) but that's it.

It is NOT better than Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die though.

Twisted Tower Dire - Netherworlds

My initial impression is that this is pretty gay. There are some catchy moments, but I think I just can't really stomach most power metal these days. I see other cool bands mention these guys so I thought I would check them out. Meh, unless my opinion changes after a couple more listens in the next few days, this will probably be sold.

I have heard a few songs and I liked them, that is why I was disappointed with this one. I picked up the newest two first only because I got them used and cheap.

I havent heard netherworlds but Crest is much more tailored to Euro PM imo with clean production imo, the first 2 are classic. Isle of the Hydra being my favorite of the 2, more 80s style pm imo

Ya, I really do not like Euro power metal at all. I was kinda hoping for a more American style. I may still check out the older stuff.

the song final stand on their myspace works, basically if you see a fucking terribly cheesy album cover its their first 2 and it will be awesome